PDA

View Full Version : Almost lost a Hawk!

Curvic Coupling
27th Apr 2011, 17:52
Late this afternoon, Hawk from Valley flying over Irish sea suffered complete failure of aileron control in front cockpit, only limited pitch control remained. Aircraft landed safely by rear seat instructor who luckily still had full flying control available.

18greens
27th Apr 2011, 20:50
Aircraft under complete control lands safely!!!! Might have been a story if the guy with control couldn't fly..... (But even then don't they have ejection seats and a Prince to pick them up)

newt
27th Apr 2011, 20:55
What will Tourist make of this story? Can't wait!!:ok:

Roadster280
27th Apr 2011, 21:09
Given that he's getting married the day after tomorrow, I highly doubt said prince is in Anglesey on duty. He ought to be bulling his boots and pressing his kit right about now.

PPRuNeUser0211
27th Apr 2011, 21:13
A student's ham-fisted aeros sequence leading to a detached control column per-chance?

sycamore
27th Apr 2011, 21:22
Doesn`t it have trim-tabs...secondary effects of rudder....? Oh ,forgot,jet pilots don`t use rudder !

Jimlad1
27th Apr 2011, 21:34
And the reason you felt motivated to register on this site and post this on the internet is what exactly?

BlindWingy
27th Apr 2011, 21:42
Why shouldn't he? Do you suggest we close ranks just like we did for nimrod, puma, chinook etc?

Jimlad1
27th Apr 2011, 22:40
"Why shouldn't he? Do you suggest we close ranks just like we did for nimrod, puma, chinook etc? "

Not in the slightest, I am genuinely wondering what has made someone decide that they feel the need to register on a website and post information about someone else having a problem in the air. What did they hope to gain from doing such a thing and is it really necessary to shout about it on the internet?

Willard Whyte
27th Apr 2011, 22:43
I almost lost my pen today. But there it was, under a sheet of paper!

Romeo Oscar Golf
27th Apr 2011, 22:45
Aircraft landed safely by rear seat instructor who luckily still had full flying control available.
That's why it's a waste of a post because this site is for Military aircrew (et al) and a Hawk was not nearly lost. It's all in a days work.

Willard Whyte
27th Apr 2011, 22:51
An E3 was almost lost at Waddington the other day. Thankfully it lowered its landing gear in accordance with the pre-landing checks.

Runaway Gun
28th Apr 2011, 04:08
Lowering the Landing Gear helps me if I'm lost? I'm trying that tomorrow when I accidentally depart the circuit.