PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Aviation

MACH082
27th Apr 2011, 11:10
I just noticed that Pearl Aviation have 5 Sukhoi Superjet 100s on order with 10 options.

Anyone know what these are for? They certainly have faded into obscurity of late, which is a real shame as they are one of the last meccas for GA Pilots wanting Airline Ts and Cs. Have they still got Port Hedland? I heard a rumour some time ago that they lost BHP and NTAMs.

These Superjets certainly can't be for Truscott, The Granites or Aeromed. I somehow doubt the'd be suitable for Aerorescue also. Is the larger than life Eastern European fellow still plying the Kimberley in that Metro? It always was a chuckle to see him raiding that fridge........

Any idea what they are up too? How is their EBA coming along? Any idea if it will ever be renewed?

lk978
27th Apr 2011, 12:14
A simple google search would have saved the time you have put in by posting this on pprune. Turns out different company than what you assumed. Also not and Australian flag on the wikipedia page indicating the country they are from which I am gathering is your source. :ugh:

Pearl Aircraft Corporation, LTD (http://www.pearlaircraft.com/)

Pearl Aircraft Corporation, LTD is a Bermuda based aircraft leasing company that provides financial solutions to leading airlines, lessors and lenders.

The financial strength of the company, its partners, as well as their industry relationships make the Company strategically well positioned to take advantage of the global cyclicality of supply and demand in commercial aviation. The company was formed to maximize on the dramatic corresponding fluctuations in price when coupled with restrictive capital markets (in what is likely one of the world's most capital intensive industries) and to exit the investment as global capital markets relax and global GDP is restored to a positive trajectory

MACH082
27th Apr 2011, 12:25
Don't you think I already tried that ik978?

If you did a little research, you would discover Pearl Aircraft Corp have over 30 on order, not 5 with 10 options.

If you go to the Superjets webpage along with Pearl Aviation Australia, you will see the orders I am referring too.

1a sound asleep
27th Apr 2011, 12:43
Pearl Aviation Australia]

Do you have a link to this order? Pearl Aircraft Corporation has 30 orders + 15 options. Nothing to do with Pearl Aviation Australia

Agreement for 30 Sukhoi Superjet 100, Plus 15 Options with Pearl Aircraft Corporation | INTERNATIONAL AVIATION NEWS (http://www.aviationnews.eu/2010/07/21/agreement-for-30-sukhoi-superjet-100-plus-15-options-with-pearl-aircraft-corporation/)

MACH082
27th Apr 2011, 13:01
I stress again, this has nothing to do with Pearl Aircraft Corp in the US.

A tip is to look at Pearl Aviation Australia's wiki page under fleet. There is also other info about if you dig a little.

So anyone with any news?

1a sound asleep
27th Apr 2011, 13:18
A tip is to look at Pearl Aviation Australia's wiki page under fleet.

A tip is dont take anything you read on wikipedia as truth. If you look at wiki the source is the Aus Civil Register. Now try come up with a proper credible source

Skystar320
28th Apr 2011, 12:16
exactly dont trust wikipedia. Apparently they now have ordered 15 x ATR72's

lk978
29th Apr 2011, 06:51
Mach082 i believe the term 'hook line and sinker' is comming to mind. I have just updated the wikipedia page for the Echuca Aero Club confirming their order for a A380, this will keep you busy for a while. :ok:

If you are so interested why not give pearl a call i am sure they are willing to put you out of your misery after endless nights of no sleep or maybe an email to Komsomolsk-on-Amur Aircraft Production Association will save you the time of updating the resume.