PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 new Scotland routes

munrobagger
26th Apr 2011, 14:50
Does anyone know how bookings are going - I was a bit surprised at them challenging TCX and TOM at Glasgow esp with EZY on some of the routes as well .
I have to say punctualty has been absymal at GLA and EDI/AGP , not surprised as some of the turnrounds are impossible . LS could have a long hard summer if first few weeks are anything to go by .

righthandrule
26th Apr 2011, 20:34
Bookings are doing exceptionally well on the holiday routes, typical load of around 140-145 on the 737 and 210-220 on the 757. The only route that is not doing as well load factor wise is Nice, with average of around 120 per flights, but that does not of course reflect revenue.

Please elaborate on the turnaround issues? the 737 operates maximum 4 sectors a day, and on most days the 757 does just two long sectors i.e. TFS/PFO. Glasgow OTP seems to be in line with the rest of the bases. Agreed that when the 737 has a 100% load of 148 passengers which is quite common, a 40 minute turnaround is pushed but it is easily achievable. At the end of the day the co-ordination of turnarounds comes down to the handling agent, we frequently turn around 737's in 30 minutes and 757's in 50-60 minutes at Leeds, obviously until handling agents get used to how airlines operate there is a period of learning, but so far everything has gone smoothly. Is there something you know that Jet2 don't?

You mentioned EDI/AGP? Please elaborate?