PDA

View Full Version : India not wanting other airline's A380s

Plank Cap
25th Apr 2011, 10:58
India to ban foreign inbound A380s | Aviation | AMEinfo.com (http://www.ameinfo.com/262956.html)

NorthernCounties
25th Apr 2011, 11:42
:= Lets try and leave political jabs aside. From reading the actual article, it's easy to ascertain that this is an infrastructure issue. The government obviously doesn't want to spend money on improving runways and aprons etc either. We also must bare in mind that India experiences some of the lowest air miles travelled per capita in the world, so this further decreases the liklihood of investing in such improvements.

I do agree that it's a bad idea and a lack of foresight. The government should invest now when other developing countries such as China are. Shooting themselves in the foot does come to mind!

FR-
25th Apr 2011, 12:08
So where will Kingfishers a380 be going?

ViktorG
25th Apr 2011, 12:22
Kingfisher is an Indian carrier, they wont be affected.

FR-
25th Apr 2011, 12:26
Thats just bang out of order, no reason at all then other than protecting its own airlines.

infrastructure issue
but only if its not indian

I think i facebook page is required lol

MilktrayUK
25th Apr 2011, 13:09
:= Lets try and leave political jabs aside. From reading the actual article, it's easy to ascertain that this is an infrastructure issue. The government obviously doesn't want to spend money on improving runways and aprons etc either. We also must bare in mind that India experiences some of the lowest air miles travelled per capita in the world, so this further decreases the liklihood of investing in such improvements.
Funny how the Indian govenrnment has been investing in new and modern airports. Let's get this straight, Delhi Terminal 3 which was opened on 3rd July 2010 with 3 gates capable of servicing the A380, but the country does not want to use them? See the official website for details.
Indira Gandhi Delhi International Airport - Fact Sheet (http://www.newdelhiairport.in/fact-sheet.aspx)

I know a lot of people that worked very hard on bringing that airport into the 21st century. I guess it is nothing new from that country, hasn't really changed since I was there 10 years ago!

Excelsior100
29th Apr 2011, 19:00
IT is not taking delivery of its A380s for now I undertsand..enough people behind in the queue are happy to take their slot

Let me give you an insider view ( gleaned from a drink at a club inDelhi from an insider I went to college with) The government is concerned specifically about one airline -- EK..it feels it has given them too much. They would fly A380s like a shot to DEL and even to HYD, BLR ,MAA should these be configured (easily done unlike BOM) But saying no to them and yes to the likes of LH is a problem... for now. So best permit no one.

The other problem in DEL is that Pax throughflow at the hours when LH operates DEL-FRA is already very high... A 380 would tip the edge... but LH will not alter its timings as that would kill the golden goose -- transit traffic to the the Americas that it picks up.