PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Airport

QldPilotGuy
22nd Apr 2011, 03:54
Will be flying into the Gold Coast in a few weeks time and just looking for some info from pilots/operaters there:

Q1: What is the landing fee for a SE Piston less then 1400 kg ?
Q2: Do you need a start clearance ?
Q3: Where is the best area to park to get access to a gate ? Is there a phone number or is it pin access ?

Thanks for the help.

das Uber Soldat
22nd Apr 2011, 04:12
1. No idea.
2. No unless ATIS states otherwise.
3. Anywhere in the GA park, then just walk to the gate. The gate I use is back in the direction of the tower, just past the business jets. There is button to get out, and a phone number listed on a signpost outside the gate to get back in.

High vis jackets are actually a requirement at all times at YBCG.

PyroTek
22nd Apr 2011, 07:20
Gold Coast Airport » Airport Charges (http://goldcoastairport.com.au/regulatory/airport-charges/)

Looks to me like $13.50/tonne.. so... $27 I guess? I'm not aware of any minimum charge (and I've flown there a few times)

ForkTailedDrKiller
22nd Apr 2011, 07:45
I was in an out of there a couple of times in the FTDK last year. Busy place. Couple of runway incursion hot spots to watch out for. Very helpful controllers - tell them you are unfamiliar and they will look after you if they are the same guys that I had. Suggested where I could park. All good! :ok:

Q1: What is the landing fee for a SE Piston less then 1400 kg ?

Dunno. If you have to ask, you probably can't afford it. :E

Q2: Do you need a start clearance ?

Dunno - whatever ERSA says. If in doubt - ask.

Q3: Where is the best area to park to get access to a gate ? Is there a phone number or is it pin access ?

GA gate?

Dr :8

Scamp Damp
22nd Apr 2011, 09:42
ERSA is a good place to start ....

tasdevil.f27
22nd Apr 2011, 10:17
ERSA??? Do you mean people actually read that.... :eek: A call to the Safety Officer will tell you where to park etc.

Jabawocky
22nd Apr 2011, 12:32
I was in an out of there a couple of times in the FTDK last year.

And how many times has the FTDK been there this year.......?:hmm:

J http://www.beechtalk.com/forums/images/smilies/duck.gif

Wally Mk2
22nd Apr 2011, 12:43
CG. Friendly ATC guys but WET..............yep never been to an AD where it rains so much:) One couldn't be more current on VOR's if they tried when slippin' on into that 'submarine' base:E

Off subject the udder day an Arrow wasn't too far off closing YBSU completely for a while as he/she decided to do a little 4x4 work just off the side of the crossing smaller rwy. Twr advised an ATIS change due disabled A/C. Lucky as for another few meters along it would have ended up inside the main rwy gable markers disabling the lot of us:-) Still looked like only ones ego was damaged,plane was upright, bogged with the prop still above grnd lvl:ok:All good:-)

Wmk2

QldPilotGuy
22nd Apr 2011, 13:44
Thanks for the reply's everyone. As a few bits of info, I did check the ERSA a few times and couldn't find the info I was looking for, did note the numbers but figured there are plenty of pilots here that fly in there so why not share the inside info.

Ive actualy also flown into the Gold Coast many times both IFR and VFR, just haven't been in recently for a full stop and park.

Thanks again and I hope everyone has a safe easter wether in the air or on the ground.

arfor40
25th Apr 2011, 06:31
QldPilotGuy, I've sent you an email. Hope it helps.

Great place to fly in to, and friendly people. (mostly):)

VH-XXX
25th Apr 2011, 07:33
I overnightef here in 2009 on an east coast trip. It was the cheapest place of most that I stopped at. Most impressed and they are moat helpful as already noted.

Xcel
25th Apr 2011, 10:33
Why not ring the airport - I'm sure you'll find that information in the ersa!!

That combined with the airservices form you can get your full flight costs in the same time it took to type your 2 posts on here ...

Martin VanNostrum
25th Apr 2011, 12:48
Landing charge is about $17. There will be another fee for overnight parking, if you are intending to. No start clearance required. Parking has got a bit tight in the last couple of months with the loss of some former parking areas.