PDA

View Full Version : LOA

vascodegama
21st Apr 2011, 09:50
Apologies to those not affected by this but it worth a few bob to some. The situation is this:

If you are Flt Lt Spec aircrew, or PA Spine who transferred from the Spec Aircrew List back in 2003, then all your LOA since JPA (Mar 2006) is very probably wrong. Ie you will have received the Flt Lt rate not the Sqn Ldr rate as entitled. Word has it that a sample case at the secret Oxon base has finally been won but that other individuals will have to put their own cases to the PACC for consideration. That should keep the blunties busy!

Rgds

Vasco

Wensleydale
21st Apr 2011, 10:04
When JPA came along, I was happy to get anything out of the wretched system....

MechGov
22nd Apr 2011, 13:50
Good news indeed. I can forsee some back pedalling when the scale and complexity of crediting backdated LOA becomes apparent. I wonder if I still have reserved rights to Sqn Ldr?

just another jocky
22nd Apr 2011, 15:49
So I should speak to those helpful folk in SHQ to check how much I'm owed? :cool:

vascodegama
23rd Apr 2011, 13:44
The whole system changes on 1 May (3 bands only etc). However, the problem was that JPA was not programmed to recognise or deal with certain groups who kept grandfather rights to a higher rate of LOA than that applicable to their rank. This underpayment will have occured between JPA launch (Mar 06 to present date) I understand that it took some years for the BZN individual to finally wrench the money out of the sytem, but I would suggest that anyone in similar circumstances contacts their handbrake house and make them aware of the case. The PACC who actioned the case will be certainly aware! PM me if you want the details that would otherwise bore other readers.

Rgds

Vasco