PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation up north

pilotboy007
21st Apr 2011, 08:50
I know this sounds like a silly question but what do people usually do for accomodation when they go up north, in my case Darwin/Katherine? I've heard a lot people talk about backpackers which is fine. I'm just worried about leaving my valuables (such as laptop) when sharing room with others. Anyone got any advice/knowledge there?

multime
21st Apr 2011, 12:28
Katherine - Manbulloo caravan park
Darwin - Globetrotters Back packers (enjoy)
Keep all your valuables in the car.

cloudhigh
21st Apr 2011, 15:01
Mate, ValueInn at Darwin isn't bad. Opposite to them is a backpackers run by the same mob.

Not too bad, fairly cheap.

mtrench
22nd Apr 2011, 23:49
Lived in a backpackers in KNX for a long time! Kimberley Croc, not sure what it's like now, but was 'decent' when i was there. You do get pretty bad cabin fever living out of a suitcase for that long though.

As per Darwin, i lived in a rented room in the city. That was on a single drivers wage too. I picked up another job as a waiter for the weekends/certain nights. Once you get on the twins, you can normally pay rent and enjoy at least one night of the week.

Enjoy, great times ahead.

baron_beeza
23rd Apr 2011, 00:16
I am renting a 2br Townhouse in Mitchell St that may be available soon. (Larrakeyah end).

I currently have some Asian girls living there and they could possibly be part of any deal also.

I would be looking at moving out of town in June or thereabouts.
It is unfurnished but I own the entire house pack and would probably sell up as a package, possibly including car and/or motorbike.

If anyone is interested I can be contacted by PM.