PDA

View Full Version : Viet Nam Heritage Flight.

con-pilot
19th Apr 2011, 18:51
A nice video from another website that I am a member of.

The Collings Foundation's F-100F Super Sabre on Vimeo

Terry McCassey
20th Apr 2011, 13:05
Beautiful - just beautiful, thanks for sharing . . .

Wander00
20th Apr 2011, 18:37
Whilst I was a cadet at RAFC 63-65 a US Navy captain and his wife visited the College as part of a lecture tour on the experiences he had as a POW and his wife tending the Yellow Ribbon. I recall he started by saying something like the stupidest thing he ever did was to drop bombs on a village and then have to eject over it and be captured by those he had bombed. Anyone else recall this event, or the couple's name.

The AvgasDinosaur
24th Apr 2011, 23:50
Some great footage of some truly awesome achievements there
How are they getting on with their attempts to obtain an F-105. Last I
heard it was going to Congress for Congressional authorization,
whereby an aircraft is transferred at no cost from the government to
the Collings Foundation.
Any one got any news or info on that. There is nothing I can find on
their website at this time.
Be lucky
David

ICM
25th Apr 2011, 11:31
I hope that the Foundation has better luck than a group of ex C-141 personnel who have been trying to secure a nose section from one of the ex-USAF Starlifters being cut up, for display at the former Norton AFB in California. It seems that the legislation passed on donation of military assets mentioned specific major Veterans' groups, leaving smaller single-project groups in the position of having to get special permission. As at late March, according to the 'C-141 Heaven' website blog, they are having to raise some $165,000 to purchase the section, and the acquisition is having to be done through local City authorities.

I'll have to re-visit the C-141 Farewell Flight video to see if Colonel Day is recognisable as one of the former POWs who flew that day once again in the aircraft known as 'The Hanoi Taxi,' after its use in the shuttles from Hanoi to Clark AB back in 1973.

AerialNinja
28th Apr 2011, 04:06
Fantastic video