PDA

View Full Version : dubai mauritious

baobab72
18th Apr 2011, 09:29
Dear fellas
I have been schedule to skipper a flite from dubai to mauritious; since i am not too familiar with that corner of the world, while i am gathering all the pertaining info from jeppview and getting familiar with the charts and procedures, i noticed that you will have to contact the centers of sanaa, mogadishu and seychelles, 10 to 20 minutes prior to entering their airspace on the assigned HF frequencies.
Is there any standard phraseology that i shall use while advancing such request? and in case of negative contact should i try to have another flite to relay my request or strive to call them on the satcom? I was also wondering if those of you who are more familiar with the AFI region know if the contact with sanaa can be established on the ground prior to departing dubai, since it looks like the time to do so in the air is not that long.
Any other hints will be greatly appreciated.

Happy Landings

Baobab72

doubleu-anker
18th Apr 2011, 09:49
I would if I were you.

Years ago when communications were not as they are today, we flew Khartoum - Singapore. We were not able to establish if we had overflight clearances for one or two of the FIR regions en route. We called them on the HF from Khartoum to establish we indeed had the clearances and it also let them know we were on our way. Worked a treat.

clevlandHD
18th Apr 2011, 10:53
You will have no problem with Sanaa. Mog might be a bit more difficult but seemed to have improved lately; they have a satphone # on the Notams.

BTW, it's Maurice or Mauritius... Enjoy the beach!