PDA

View Full Version : David Hack Classic Vehicle and Aircraft Meet

Scottw
14th Apr 2011, 10:16
David Hack Classic Vehicle and Aircraft meet is on again this year Sunday May 1st 2011 at Toowoomba YTWB.

Its a fun day out and wishing to extend the invitation for all to join us. Will have a displaced threshhold during the event so check NOTAMs for current info distances etc.

Cheers Scott

spinex
14th Apr 2011, 12:11
That's great Scott, looking forward to it - now to arrange the weather.:cool:

rocket66
14th Apr 2011, 21:28
Will be there with bells on Scotty! Any idea as to what sorts of warbirds will be there this year? Apart from the usual aerotec crew of course.

Scottw
14th Apr 2011, 23:13
Hi all thanks for the comms.

At this stage I know the Antonov AN-2 has been confirmed and will be conducting adventure flights too which is great. A Stinson L-5 has been confirmed but apart from that this year not too sure exactly who will arrive at this stage until a bit closer to the event.
Will keep you posted

Scott

captwawa
15th Apr 2011, 13:26
sounds like a great day out.

Antonov 2 VH-CCE
26th Apr 2011, 04:29
see you all there!!!. we will be there most likely first thing sunday morning.
Ive checked the long range forecast and it looks like a ripper day.

AN2 crew.

Jabawocky
26th Apr 2011, 09:30
CEE

:D I love it.......now which of you is really 22 yrs old.

Funny fella's.

Does this mean I should bring the retard vehicle up as well?

J:ok:

Antonov 2 VH-CCE
26th Apr 2011, 11:30
hehe the Antonov is 22 years old :-)
and yes i rekon you should bring the RV up..

CHAIRMAN
26th Apr 2011, 12:22
Room for a Tiger or 2?

Antonov 2 VH-CCE
28th Apr 2011, 05:35
i rekon there would be room for a few tigers ..

Dora-9
28th Apr 2011, 20:37
Two, possibly three, Chipmunks from Caboolture.....

rocket66
28th Apr 2011, 21:26
Any news on thr Dragon and Mustang? If you have a spare seat for the mustang I'M OPEN! ha ha haaa

tail wheel
28th Apr 2011, 22:10
Historic/antique cars too?

The Dragon wouldn't be VH-AON by any chance?

rocket66
29th Apr 2011, 03:41
Nah I think it's VH-UXG. It is a beautiful aircraft that has a bitter sweet story with it's owner I'm told.

Scottw
2nd May 2011, 08:45
G'day to all

Just wish to extend a thank you firstly to those folk who flew their aircraft in to support the event and to those who brought their Warbird, Vintage and classic aircraft to the event. It didn't matter what aircraft you came along in they all supported this years theme, from the vintage to todays Sports aircraft - "Wings and Wheels of Yeasteryear" Celebrating 100 years of Aviation and motoring on the Darling Downs. Which we had aviation history on show spanning over 70 years from Tiger Moths (2 of) and Chipmunks (4 of) to todays New generation Light sport aviation. Aircraft types that made the pilgrimage included CT-4A's, Antonov AN-2 (Hope you got home safe) , Yak 52 & 18T & Nanchang CJ-6A, DH-84 Dragon, Cessna 195 & 180's & classic 152's, Replica Panther Jet and Vintage design Witman Tailwind. Add to this various GA and sport aircraft types including the ferrari of the skies the F.8L Falco which we had 2 on the field with Falco VH-LZF a famous machine for setting records of its type.

Many took advantage of taking a flight in the Antonov AN-2, the "Recall" Boeing Stearman and heli-West provided two R-44's for joyflights and all were busy pretty much all day. In the static area there were 4 T-28 Trojans, 2 Harvards, 2 Chippies (+ 4 chippies fly in) Fiat G-59-4B (One of two airworthy examples in the world), ST-A Ryan, Winjeel, Nanchang, Yak 52, CT-4E and Pitts Specials
Unfortunately current upgrade works to the runway, resulting in a shorter runway lenght for the event, did keep the bigger Warbirds from attending and flying during the event
However, I cannot express my appreciation enough to all who supported this years event by bringing along their aerial treasures.

Regards
Scott

CHAIRMAN
2nd May 2011, 13:04
Twas a great day Scotty - weather, cars, planes, tucker. Thanks to you and all the sponsors.................and I didn't take out the new PAPI system:ok:
Cheers,
Tiger UXD

tail wheel
2nd May 2011, 21:30
Looked like a TBM3 Avenger flew over my house last Friday (and sounded like an R2800)??? :confused:

If it was a Avenger, did that attend?

Also saw a flock of PC9's on Sunday or Monday and guess they also visited?

TBM-Legend
1st May 2015, 06:08
I'd imagine this year's David Hack Toowoomba gathering with be off due to weather. No hardstanding there for aircraft/cars etc.