PDA

View Full Version : Baron operators in NZ

sam8808
14th Apr 2011, 05:28
Hi all, anyone know of any Baron operators in NZ?

27/09
14th Apr 2011, 06:22
Ever thought of looking at the CAA website to see who the ZK Barons are registered to. Anything operated for more than 28 days by an operator has to be registered to the operator.

sam8808
14th Apr 2011, 07:54
Yes found four Baron/Travelairs on CAA's aircraft register. Couldn't find any info on operators of three of them. Fourth operator's website says they don't operate a Baron, but I've emailed them anyway.

Surely its not such a bad thing to ask people for info? Isn't that part of research?

Thanks for trying to help.

Biggles78
14th Apr 2011, 13:46
Sam, there is only ONE real silly question and that is the one you DON'T ask. Your question was legitimate and you received an excellent answer in return. 27/09's answer also educated me about the 28 day info. It was something I didn't know but now I do. So, asking a question that you don't know can also educate others. There is always something to learn. :ok:

Aerozepplin
15th Apr 2011, 01:36
The only Barron that isn't privately owned is the one with New Plymouth Aero Club/Air New Plymouth. The other operators are likely private syndicates. ZK-OSL is for sale online if you wanted one.

A sad lack of piston powered Beechcraft in New Zealand in general really.

sam8808
15th Apr 2011, 12:38
Yes Biggles, agree that 27/09's post was a useful one. Neither did I know about the 28 day rule. I just don't agree with people who simply assume that every 22 year old is lazy and expect to be spoon fed. Well thats the impression I got from 27/09's post anyway.

Aerozepplin, I'm certainly not planning on buying a Baron in the near future. Have to do about 10 hours on one, and I'm looking at my options. Air New Plymouth was in fact the operator that I had contacted. They wrote back saying they're still operating OSL. Hire rate is apparently $945.30 per hr :eek:

Aerozepplin
16th Apr 2011, 07:42
Ouch. That's a spicy meatball.

Lindstrim
21st Apr 2011, 09:27
OSL is in the back of a hangar in TGA i do believe, dont know the owner but the Aero CLub might??