PDA

View Full Version : FEE-HELP for IFR in Australia anyone?

PPSS
13th Apr 2011, 09:26
Hi guys I was wonder if some one can throw some light on this little issue of mine..

I am broke..viz-a-viz no money i.e poor/empty wallet! lol --obviously after I spend all the money doing my CPL and Multi endorsement. Is there any grant from the government which I can use to do my IFR?

I understand that centerlink helps students out by giving some amount of monthly allowance but what I am looking for is real $15K and over as the course fee.

It is my understanding that VET FEE-HELP is available but I am uncertain if anyone has used it. I am happy for do IFR anywhere in Australia.

Regards

redsnail
13th Apr 2011, 12:34
I doubt you'll get any thing from the government but it has been 10 years since I have been in Australia.
There are some scholarships lurking around but competition is fierce.

However, seriously, best thing you can do is head north and get a flying job. You don't need an IR for most of the entry level jobs. During the Wet season you'll be "released" and you can do your IR then. Now as you've worked and been paid as a professional pilot you'll be furthering your qualifications and it's now a tax deduction.

Note, you must get this clarified by an accountant who knows aviation stuff.

jackjack
14th Apr 2011, 05:31
Royal Vic at Moorabbin has an IFR diploma thingy on fee-help. Check out the website its on the homepage. Best o luck