PDA

View Full Version : 100LL situation in the Netherlands

BackPacker
12th Apr 2011, 12:51
There has apparently been a failure of some sort at the refinery in Rotterdam and because of that, the supply of 100LL to a lot of fields in the Netherlands has now become problematic.

At the moment I know that at least the following fields are experiencing problems. They have either run out of 100LL altogether or are limiting the sale to home-based aircraft only:

EHRD Rotterdam
EHMZ Midden-Zeeland
EHSE Seppe
EHLE Lelystad
EHTE Teuge

There may be other fields experiencing problems - these are just the ones I happen to know about. On the other hand I have heard that supply trucks are on the way from Duinkerken so some of these fields may have limited provisions back in a day or so.

Anyway, if you do have a trip in or to the Netherlands planned in the next few days, phone your destination in advance to verify their fuel supply.

Katamarino
12th Apr 2011, 19:29
If only we had something like a Diamond at the club that could burn jet fuel...:sad:

On that note Backpacker, any idea why the club announced they wanted to get rid of our Diesel aircraft, sold the Diamond (far nicer than the Diesel Robin in my opinion), and now have acquired another blasted Diesel Robin? I'm not seeing an over-abundance of logic there!

cessnapete
12th Apr 2011, 20:22
Supply is the least of the problem in Holland. They make the stuff in
Rotterdam yet last week in Midden Zeeland they charged €2.70 a litre !!

Katamarino
12th Apr 2011, 20:37
It was €2.79 at Hilversum this weekend...

BackPacker
12th Apr 2011, 21:07
Last I heard is that both our Robins will get a new (2.0) engine and will then be used again for flight training. While those engines are being fitted (in France somewhere), we've rented this one to fill the gap.

But indeed I mourn the loss of our Diamond. Although I didn't fly it all that much, it was a great aircraft for touring.

wigglyamp
12th Apr 2011, 21:14
Your Robin can now have a Garmin G500 EFIS fitted when it has it's engine upgrade! EASA approved the G500 STC today. Why not ask Finch about this.

Katamarino
12th Apr 2011, 21:35
I'd rather have a proper airplane like a Diamond; flying a 400 series Robin feels like being squeezed into a shoebox :p

digits_
13th Apr 2011, 06:47
Add EBAW to the list. Another cancelled flight. Supply should have been restored yesterday...