PDA

View Full Version : DGCA Class 1 Medical help

User_399
10th Apr 2011, 14:56
Hi i just got a permanently unfit on my dgca class 1 medical due to an "EEG Abnormality" i got another medical done and it was fine but i haven't got a reply from the DGCA yet. Wjat are the chances that ill get the medical now.

Aer Doctor
11th Apr 2011, 10:13
Once declared unfit on account of EEG abnormality, you will never be made fit on this account. Even on appeal the original findings of EEG are taken into consideration.

User_399
11th Apr 2011, 10:21
but i got separate opinions from two different doctors including an mri and there was nothing wrong with me.isn't this a bit unfair

weido_salt
11th Apr 2011, 11:20
My sympathy with your predicament,

I think the word permanent, means permanent with the DGCA.

Are you an Indian licence holder or an expat with a foreign licence working with moving goal posts?

jetwins
11th Apr 2011, 12:27
I know one person who may be able to help you,-He is Dr Bhalla the FAA Medical examiner in Delhi-it is said no one who clears a Medical exam with him has ever failed a Military Medical.
You can get his contact details from the FAA website.
He also helps set you right if you have a medical problem so that you can retain Medical fitness for a long time.
Best of Luck.

manny.sekh
11th Apr 2011, 12:42
:ok:Jetwins-I agree.
User_399: Try Dr Bhalla, he is very good. Only be truthful with him. He will find a way to legally help you.
Lie to him at your own peril.