PDA

View Full Version : Working for flight training

Belfordrocks
7th Apr 2011, 12:30
Hello

I've heard from several people that some flight schools offer for you to work part-time in exchange for flight training i.e. part time work and they would give you flight instruction in return. Do these sort of schemes still exist and what would the best way to contact flight schools asking about this?

Thanks

FRQ Charlie Bravo
7th Apr 2011, 13:27
I have not heard of this except from some really really old pilots. And no, I don't mean old as in 25.:}

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I'd be very surprised. You could probably find somewhere that would pay you a salary for work you do there and then give you good rates (I'm thinking about maybe pulling drinks at an aeroclub or something).

FRQ CB

multime
8th Apr 2011, 13:23
Never prostitute yourself.
Leave that to the street corners. Believe me plenty of hard earned memorys.

machadotaughtme
9th Apr 2011, 00:28
Check your PMs

Mr. Hat
9th Apr 2011, 01:38
Bel, wouldn't bother with it if its a standard flight school (sausage factory/capital city).

If on the other hand it was a charter company out in a country town with a flying school attached it might be worth a go.

Belfordrocks
9th Apr 2011, 05:38
Thanks for the replies folks. So there would be a chance with a smaller flight school operator? What would the best way of asking though- in person or just email/phone?

Thanks

Tee Emm
10th Apr 2011, 15:30
Never prostitute yourself.
Leave that to the street corners. Believe me plenty of hard earned memorys.

Is that a veiled threat? The Mods don't like that sort of crap.

Belfordrocks
14th Apr 2011, 10:03
Also does this classify as "income" and need to be subject to taxation etc.?

Thanks