PDA

View Full Version : Bombers over Arizona (video)

Flying Lawyer
6th Apr 2011, 21:55
Extract from an email I received: Hi all,
A couple of months ago our CAF B-17 and B-25 conducted a photo shoot in the Superstition Mountains, up the Salt River Canyon and over Roosevelt Dam and lake.
We flew below the peaks for most of this , being directed by the TV producer who was flying in a Helicopter. They also had a Turbo prop Shorts jump plane, the back of which was open with movie cameras inplace.
Lucky me, I was the Loadmaster and Safety Observer in the B-17 for this flight and it was exciting to say the least.
Great fun! Never forget it!

Stunning photography - best viewed Full Screen.

WWII Bombers over Arizona

B-17 flown by Russ Gilmore and B-25 by Spike McLane.
The aircraft are based at Falcon Field, Mesa, AZ.

FL

Reverserbucket
7th Apr 2011, 00:01
FL - very nice.

Falcon Field, formerly No. 4 BFTS Mesa, AZ 1941-45.

The Commemorative Air Force have been conducting base training for the past couple of months prior to the airshow season and I must say the sight and sound(s) of the B-17 and particularly the Mitchell are very impressive.

L1649
7th Apr 2011, 19:06
Fantastic cinematography, and the aircraft aren't bad either! :D

PPRuNe Pop
8th Apr 2011, 07:31
When I switched to full screen it took my breath away. Stunning, stunning film. Over the years, FL you have come up with some great 'movies' this one is one of the best. Thanks

BOAC
8th Apr 2011, 11:04
What can you say? Quite majestic.

kevmusic
10th Apr 2011, 17:33
Stunning. Dramatic and moving footage. :D

Suzeman
12th Apr 2011, 12:17
If you were involved, probably the best fun you can have with your clothes on :ok:

Excellent photography

Suzeman

tony draper
17th Apr 2011, 21:19
Always good clips on that website,trouble is I cant download them so I can shift them to my USB thumb drive and play them on me big telly,I can with 1080p HD youtube clips.
:ok:
I downloaded the whole Red Flag series in 1080p HD from youtube, same stunning quality,they show off you new HD telly better than anything else transmitted.

obgraham
18th Apr 2011, 01:47
I have a small condo across the street from Falcon Field. The greatest pleasure there is to see and hear old "Sentimental Journey" on approach or just in a flyby. Superb aircraft.

The CAF Museum there is well worth a visit for anyone in the Phoenix area.

Pitts2112
18th Apr 2011, 16:38
Absolutely superb! The cinematogrophy is inspired! The angles and motion of the shots are new and interesting; stuff I've not seen in any other video and the like of which is usually only captured in flight sims where they have no restrictions like reality.

Very well done. Worthy of a BBC nature documentary!

zfw
19th Apr 2011, 07:39
Mr Draper have you tried Realplayer that will download it and its free?.

AerialNinja
28th Apr 2011, 03:51
Absolutely superb! Beautiful music, and wonderful views