PDA

View Full Version : Is this True?

boxmover
6th Apr 2011, 13:59
Is what the minister said true?

BBC News - Defence minister on MoD selling off Ark Royal carrier on website (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12988025)

Rector16
6th Apr 2011, 14:07
If you mean the bit about 'no jets taking off from a UK Carrier for 8 years' - no it isn't! The last Harrier flight was within the last 8 weeks. Good to see that our Ministers have such a thorough understanding of our capabilities. Thank goodness they're not making big decisions about reductions.......:\

INT ZKJ
6th Apr 2011, 14:26
…….and it wasn't just a slip of his forked tongue - he emphasized the point 4 times.

Met Mr Harvey some months ago at ISK and this clip has re-affirmed my impression that he doesn’t have a clue about Defense……..Good job his portfolio doesn’t include the MOD!!

PICKS135
6th Apr 2011, 14:33
May I point the gentleman in the direction of the wonderful programme on Discovery about HMS ARK ROYAL and her final cruise.

Plenty of Harriers aboard !!

TEEEJ
6th Apr 2011, 15:18
Boxmover,

See following thread for links and video footage. He hasn't a clue!

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/434821-last-harrier-flight-hms-ark-royal.html

TJ

The Old Fat One
6th Apr 2011, 17:39
Is what the minister said true?

That's a near perfect oxymoron.

wetdreamdriver
6th Apr 2011, 19:39
God - I knew that they were an arrogant bunch but the level displayed here is unbelievable!! I know that there is lots of politics around this issue but if he can't get even simple facts right on this hot topic what hope for anything more mundane!! :bored:
Perhaps we shouldn't blame the useless thick MP but the ultra useless briefers who hid in the shadows!!!:}

WDD

Kitbag
6th Apr 2011, 22:06
Maybe he thinks (rightly) the only real jets are those with big flames out the back :E

Ali Barber
6th Apr 2011, 23:06
No, that is a lie by a British politician, not protected by the rights of statements in the House of Commons. He's shot himself in the foot, except we can't afford the ammo so he will get away with it!

Ashling
6th Apr 2011, 23:15
Also pretty grim that no one in the studio had the knowledge to expose him.