PDA

View Full Version : Any Jobs in Darwin?

spudschickenlegs
6th Apr 2011, 02:30
Any Flying Jobs (fixed Wing) in Darwin Or surrounding area?

Please let me know.

morno
6th Apr 2011, 03:13
Why don't you head up and find out for yourself?

Desert Duck
6th Apr 2011, 03:16
Careflight are desperate for B200 pilots

Orion Delta
6th Apr 2011, 03:59
What about Hardy's or AAA ? Have you said g'day to them ?

spudschickenlegs
6th Apr 2011, 05:28
I am in Darwin. I have over about 1300 hrs. looking for any flying work.

DropYourSocks
6th Apr 2011, 06:25
AirNorth??:ugh:

cloudhigh
6th Apr 2011, 07:03
Mate, as people are saying you are asking the wrong crowd.
1300 hours? And... go speak to the companies.
If you can't go in there and hunt down the CP to have a word, how are you going to fly for them? ;)

mrclumsy
6th Apr 2011, 07:46
It also depends on what kind of hrs you have. If you have a fair bit of hours in a 210 and wet season exp you should have a good chance. I was at Darwin a month ago looking for work . Had abt 2200 tt. But was knocked back since I didn't have any 210 time or wet season time. :sad:

beat ups are fun
6th Apr 2011, 07:58
I know of jobs that are going up that way if you want info PM me for info.

Sour Kraut
6th Apr 2011, 12:50
AeroRescue!

Join King Villy unt his merry men!:E

spudschickenlegs
26th Apr 2011, 04:24
I have been in darwin 3 weeks now. still looking for jobs. Any know of any going?

The Green Goblin
26th Apr 2011, 09:07
3 weeks?

Errr neerrr, beached az!

Patience is your best friend. Sux months seems to be the norm :p

dabz
26th Apr 2011, 10:10
Would operators be interested in a pilot who's been waiting 6mths and hasn't been flying at all in that time?

The Green Goblin
26th Apr 2011, 10:30
If they like you, it doesn't take much to get current.

Last year guys rocked up to places like Kununurra in January, and didn't start flying until July.

Pretty normal stuff!

eocvictim
27th Apr 2011, 08:39
I know there a few positions opening up shortly as some of the high time single and low time twin guys are finally heading for the coasts.

spudschickenlegs
28th Apr 2011, 04:22
Hi mate, do u know which operators would be hiring in Darwin? Cheers

kalavo
29th Apr 2011, 01:16
Air North have taken on more than a few recently. Hardys have taken on more than a few recently and most of those came from other operators in the NT. Heck even Chartair has lost three guys in the past month or so. Lots of movement around!

Have you tried talking to any of the operators? Have you found out what they want you to have to get an interview and if you don't meet all the requirements have you done something about it? Even if the Chief Pilot isn't available, most of the line pilots are able to tell you what the lay of the land is.

From what I've seen the people missing out on jobs recently seem to be their own worst enemy... "We want you to have all your ATPL subjects" "I sat ATPL Met two years ago but haven't sat any exams since" .... "We really want you to have a current instrument rating" "Oh I did an instructor rating, but haven't bothered with a CIR/ME" .... "You need a current Class 1 medical to fly commercially" :eek:

spudschickenlegs
29th Apr 2011, 10:54
The operators I have been in and spoke to are Barrier Air (nice guys), Av8, chartair, Hardys, Directair and Air frontier. Also Spoke to Phil (nice guy) at Vincent. Some have said they have recently hired and may be a few months before they do again. I do not need ATPLs if I am to fly a 210 or baron.

The Green Goblin
29th Apr 2011, 12:06
But it means you will need at least 6 weeks off in the next 500 hours to get them.

If it were a toss up between a guy with, or a guy without, I'd take the guy with.

Di_Vosh
29th Apr 2011, 12:19
I do not need ATPLs if I am to fly a 210 or baron.

Wanna bet?

You might not need them to fly a 210 or Baron, but you're going to need them sooner or later. Unless you're VERY good at home study you're going to need time off to get them. Operators know this and will take pilots with ATPL subjects over pilots without them.

My 2c

DIVOSH!

spudschickenlegs
4th May 2011, 01:49
Still looking for work.

gutso-blundo
4th May 2011, 02:07
Spud,
Hardys won't consider you unless you have >850TT, most ATPLs, current instrument rating with RNAV and a Baron endo.
DirectAir have some sort of tie-up with a flying school down south so seldom need to hire walk-ins
Barrier like guys to have around 300-500 hours as it fits with their hierarchy

Chartair and Frontier may be your best bets, but dont forget AAA and Kak air out at Jabiru

Good luck!

The Green Goblin
4th May 2011, 11:29
Still looking for work.

Errr neer bro.....

Bin a month now. Waaaaaaay to long

Bitter run buck home now eh?

Can't find work.

Got no tiith bro!

Errr neeer!

havick
4th May 2011, 12:06
beached az..

dabz
4th May 2011, 23:02
Hey it's not easy out there hunting for that 1st job.

It's like there's an unwritten procedure that needs to be taken that changes all the time. And you don't figure out what it is till you've got that 1st job:hmm: