PDA

View Full Version : SEP revalidation question

bravobravo74
5th Apr 2011, 16:03
Hi all,

My recently-issued CPL came with a new Certificate of Revalidation, displayed on which is the SEP class rating entry (valid 24 months from the date of my CPL skills test). I am somewhat confused by the inclusion of my (now CPL) licence number on this C of R, especially as my FRTL, for example, only contains my CAA reference number.

Were I to revalidate my SEP class rating by means of a proficiency check would there be, on the basis that once signed off I'd be eligable to exercise the privileges of a CPL holder rather than a PPL holder in a SEP aeroplane, any effect on:

a) the qualifications required by the the instructor/examiner conducting the check, or
b) the parameters being evaluated during the check, or
c) the complexity of the aeroplane in which the check is performed?

I've read Section F of LASORS 2010 and the impression that I get from this is that the licence that the C of R relates to is irrelevant as the procedure for revalidating a class rating applies regardless. This would suggest that the inclusion of the licence number on the C of R is insignificant.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could remove the ambiguity on this matter for me.

Many thanks.

Whopity
5th Apr 2011, 16:42
A licence is a licence with its own specific privileges and a Class rating is a rating to fly a particular class of aeroplane regardless of what licence privileges you are exercising.

Any Examiner qualified to examine for that Class rating can conduct a revalidation by test, in any aircraft within that Class. The format of the test can be found on the Examiner Record sheet SRG1157 (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/FORSRG1157.pdf)

They put your number onto the Revalidation page so that it cannot be transferred to someone else. Your FRTOL should say RT plus your ref No

bravobravo74
5th Apr 2011, 18:51
Okay, thanks for your response. :ok: