PDA

View Full Version : Busy Holding Pattern at Darwin?

victor two
5th Apr 2011, 10:08
Any Darwinites have some insight that they could share into what may have caused a rather packed up runway 29 holding pattern at around 5.15pm on Tuesday 5th. Apparently two jetstar and at least one virgin jet virtually formation flying around over Howard Springs as I understand.

Was there something undesirable on the runway or is that just how they do business there these days?

The Green Goblin
5th Apr 2011, 10:27
It Would have been a precaution due a C210 enroute from Tindal. This creates a high controller workload and as a consequence, the transport category aeroplanes get held.

I used to be lined up on delta while they let the streams of bugsmashers get airborne number one, then I'd be held low waiting to pass them. :ugh:

If they let me go first, problem solvered.

Anyway, patience is a virtue.....

Skynews
5th Apr 2011, 10:32
I agree, basic incompetence would cover it. It's not "these days" it's "stll".

If your new to Darwin, get used to it, it won't change.

Unregistered User
5th Apr 2011, 11:58
I was always told if you can't say anything nice about someone/something, (DN ATC) then say nothing……..

That is all I have to say about that.
:ugh:

gutso-blundo
5th Apr 2011, 12:01
Cause was a light aircraft disabled on the runway. Nothing to do with ATC on this occasion...

Hot High Heavy
5th Apr 2011, 13:55
There were 2 incidents within a few minutes of each other. A 210 had a gear issue and did a low level circuit past the tower followed by a landing with the fire trucks out. About 10 mins later another aircraft (a twin?) was stuck on 29 for about 15mins and required towing.

I was luckily cleared take-off directly before said aircraft and must say that DN APCH backed up really quickly with traffic. That said, they did a great job as usual (:ok:), esp given some pretty pushy guys on freq that were offering all sorts of advice etc.

mlesser
6th Apr 2011, 08:14
From memory you were the 206?

Anyway, it was a busted nose tyre and i wasn't able to taxi off the runway. Sorry to any of the crews reading it who got screwed around with ATC.

The Green Goblin
6th Apr 2011, 08:24
Mlesser,

Don't post **** like that on pprune! Anonymity is the key and you just gave yourself away to your colleuges and your boss.

I hope you have not said anything scaving in your previous posts!

GG

mlesser
6th Apr 2011, 10:27
Haha, well the user name is a bit of a give away!

The Green Goblin
6th Apr 2011, 10:42
Well Mike, it certainly is!

ozbiggles
6th Apr 2011, 22:41
And now everyone who bagged Darwin ATC over this will now man up and say sorry on this occasion.......Didn't think so.
And no I have nothing much to do with ATC.