PDA

View Full Version : Westjet Canada leads the (green) way

Sark
1st Apr 2011, 16:19
This link says it all. What a great idea other airlines could well follow and save our planet

WestJet has done it again and introduced a state-of-the-art money-saving feature! (http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/media-investors/helium.shtml?sm_cid=sm-af-ge-20110401).

PAXboy
1st Apr 2011, 20:00
Just reading the headline I thought that this was one of the best April Fool's I've seen and the video was amusing - although it was a pity that they had to say that it was April 1st. Anyway, WELL DONE Westjet for the novel way to get publicity.
:ok:

jackieofalltrades
5th Apr 2011, 13:15
Like PAXboy says, obviously an April Fool, but, excluding the asphyxiation problems from having a cabin full of helium, there's the obvious problem that helium isn't cheap itself. I would suspect that it would cost more to fill the aeroplane with helium than would be saved by the lighter load.

PAXboy
5th Apr 2011, 22:07
True that Helium is a successful way to die but I HAVE to admire their large scale approach to the advert. Getting staff to play along and getting enough helium under his nose (possibly being discharged by a person with a canister and face mask, behind the nearest row) and carrying it off with good humour.

In the days when paid for advertising is very expensive, getting a viral video is smart.

jackieofalltrades
6th Apr 2011, 13:20
In the days when paid for advertising is very expensive, getting a viral video is smart.
Very true, I have to agree this is good advertising for Westjet.