PDA

View Full Version : Royal Wedding Flypast

dc1968
1st Apr 2011, 11:28
UK details plans for Royal Wedding flypast (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2011/04/01/355033/uk-details-plans-for-royal-wedding-flypast.html)

Hmmm....won't take long with only the B-of-B, x2 Typhoon and x2 Tornado....why no 'Dead Sparrows' eh?

Maxibon
1st Apr 2011, 11:48
Apparently there's so little left in the crab inventory that on the day Her Maj is planning to report a missing climber, just SE of Snowdon (approx 250 miles) IOT get at least one fly past!:E

Load Toad
1st Apr 2011, 11:56
I'm sure one of them UAV dullard things would really get the excitement flowing.

Wander00
1st Apr 2011, 12:27
Wot, no Seaking SAR - or is that the going-away (getaway) vehicle?

1.3VStall
1st Apr 2011, 13:00
Since when has the Eurofighter Typhoon been a "strike aircraft"?

Jumping_Jack
1st Apr 2011, 15:10
Since it gained a ground attack capability?

KeyPilot
1st Apr 2011, 16:34
Need we any further evidence for what has become of our once-great Royal Air Force?

How utterly depressing.

PTC REMF
2nd Apr 2011, 07:59
Where's all the ISTAR, TACAT and SH then?

Clockwork Mouse
2nd Apr 2011, 09:19
Why do you whingeing blighters always go for the down side? Perhaps the decision was that, as he is only a princeling (for the moment), they should minimise the use of jet fuel and inconvenience to the crabs on duty. Seems logical and appropriate to me. It's not intended to be the crab equivalent of a Spithead review.

1.3VStall
2nd Apr 2011, 09:32
Jumping Jack,

"Strike" refers to nuclear!

Load Toad
2nd Apr 2011, 09:42
I really couldn't care less about the royal wedding & not wasting money on a fly past seems to be appropriate given the UK's current austerity measures. So they could get wed in a registry office and people could chuck paper 'planes f' me.

Finningley Boy
2nd Apr 2011, 10:04
Latest on Defence news details which units of HM Forces will be contributing to the wedding; 26 R.A.F. Stations in all, including; Cottesmore, Kinloss and Lyneham.:confused:

FB:)

Tommmo
2nd Apr 2011, 10:25
So the royal wedding doesn't get the Reds, yet the next IOT graduation does? Bizarre.

A2QFI
2nd Apr 2011, 11:09
I suggest that the output of a complete RAF IOT course is more worthy of a RAF flypast than the wedding of a man who may one day be our King, but probably not until his father has died.

Is the IOT Graduation getting a fly-past or a display BTW?

Pontius Navigator
2nd Apr 2011, 11:37
Jumping Jack,

"Strike" refers to nuclear!

Did, doesn't.

SASless
2nd Apr 2011, 12:10
Ceremonial duties trump operational again, eh?

Are the Troops being issued Cake as their rations on Wedding Day?

Wiretensioner
2nd Apr 2011, 13:35
And now according to todays Daily Torygraph the services will have the great honour of lining the route from Westminister to Buck House.! What joy and a honour. Thank you sir. And of course General Dave Richards will be standing on the pavement with the rest of his men?

Wiretensioner

Clockwork Mouse
2nd Apr 2011, 14:58
What a load of miserable wazzers have posted on this thread. By the way, the Reds are in Cyprus during the wedding, working up to their PDA.

airborne_artist
2nd Apr 2011, 16:38
according to todays Daily Torygraph the services will have the great honour of lining the route from Westminister to Buck House.! What joy and a honour.

Look on the bright side - it's a Friday (OK, I know it's a BH).

Thelma Viaduct
2nd Apr 2011, 17:11
Both types are currently involved in the UK’s Operation “Ellamy” contribution to NATO-led operations against the regime of Libyan leader Col Muammar Gaddafi.

What a lovely thought on your special day.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Siggie
2nd Apr 2011, 20:52
Both types are currently involved in the UK’s Operation “Ellamy” contribution to NATO-led operations against the regime of Libyan leader Col Muammar Gaddafi.

Just hope nobody fires any guns into the air in celebration then.

Tommmo
5th Apr 2011, 14:27
Is the IOT Graduation getting a fly-past or a display BTW?As far as I'm aware it's just a fly-past. It's all a bit hush-hush to be honest, as it's a royal ceremony it was all pre-organised.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
6th Apr 2011, 07:59
I guess that it's not hush-hush anymore, then:ugh:

Duncs:ok:

Whenurhappy
6th Apr 2011, 09:18
Bah humbug, grumble grumble...biggest public event for 30 years....a day we'll all remember...grumble grumble....I remember seeing Kate and Wills, gosh they looked so young then...a huge waste of public money....spend it on schools...it was great to see BBMF and operational aircraft....he was a proper pilot, he was....those days we could get a 1000 soldiers lining the route....tears in me eyes....grumble grumble...waste of my day off....Charles and Di? yes I remember that day too....proper street party in them days....'elf and safety...waste of money....made you proud to be British....we could really do them events in those days....grumble grumble....didn't get TOIL...bloody asylum seekers...the RAF was 41,000 strong then...could fit'em in me local sports centre now....waste of money...all them horses an' manure...who'll pay for that lot, eh? Aye, was a grand day...bloody bands? Who need's em....bloody Army....ad nauseum

Red Line Entry
6th Apr 2011, 09:51
Whenurhappy,

You've clearly done the first resettlement course - you'll soon be ready to take over from BEagle!

Wyler
6th Apr 2011, 11:58
If the streets can be lined with service personnel, Reds in Cyprus and a Wedding flypast can be given then there is no overstretch in the Armed Forces at all, hence more room for cuts thsre instead of targeting Tax Credits, Disability Allowance, SMA, NHS, Immigrants and Child Allowance.

Not my opinion but I bet it will be the opinion of most of the Daily Mail readers and 'Joe Public'.

Wonder which side the MPs will take....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PlasticCabDriver
6th Apr 2011, 13:15
Oh goody, another bank holiday. The school took all of about 2 nanoseconds to decide to close for the day "so we can all join in with the celebration". My work? No. Wife's work? No. That'll be another £70 in childcare fees then. Bah humbug...

Whenurhappy
6th Apr 2011, 14:17
Gosh! I hope the fun detectors don't take my post (above) too seriously - parodying those who are complaining about the Service involvment. I think it will be a grand day out and memorable for a whole host of reasons. I'm off to a British Consulate to help host locals at a reception on the great day. There is a Ball in the evening and this has been over-subscribed several-fold.

dc1968
6th Apr 2011, 19:12
Hmmm....won't take long with only the B-of-B, x2 Typhoon and x2 Tornado....why no 'Dead Sparrows' eh?

Bloody hell fellas....I'm starting to wish I hadn't mentioned it in the first place!

I know the country as a whole pretty much feels like it's on a final spin around the bowl, before disappearing down the u-bend but blimey!
Last time I looked the UK isn't alone when it comes to being a little bit skint right now!

Why not celebrate eh...have a few beers and stick two fingers up at the Eurozone and the rest of the planet......Is there anyone out there who's still proud to be a Brit?

Whenurhappy
7th Apr 2011, 06:33
DC - I concur. Apart from the cost-benefit aspects (tourism etc etc), who wouldn't organise a fly past (and a guard of honour) for a mate's wedding if they had the wherewithal to do it?

Prince William is a serving RAF officer who will, perhaps in 20-odd years time, be the Sovereign and be titular head of the armed forces, and represents everything that is 'good' about the UK. His signature on Commissioning parchments, for example, will mean an awful lot more than anything from some vapid politician.

BEagle
7th Apr 2011, 07:22
Good luck to Prince William and Kate - hope they have a great day and a fine future.

As for celebrations? By all means - and far more worthy than the £billions being squandered on that profligate abuse of public funds known as the London Olympics...

Just how much Coe and his cronies are wasting for a sweaty few to run, jump, splash about and throw things for a couple of weeks? Worse still, there's a whole load of "You WILL celebrate this bolleaux" events being promoted by the Kraft durch Freude organisers.

pasir
7th Apr 2011, 07:39
'Is there any one out there proud to be a Brit' ? - Today with
almost any person from anywhere throughout the world either entitled to - or eligible to be known as British - the term has become virtually meaningless.

Evanelpus
7th Apr 2011, 08:15
Hoorah for Wills and Kate.

I'm taking 3 days leave and getting 11 days off, what's not to like about the whole shabang!!

Wholigan
7th Apr 2011, 11:29
where are the moderators when you 'really' need them?

Unfortunately, I am unable to spend every waking minute reading the forums!

Instead of whingeing, why don't you "report the post" that upsets you, and that will bring it to our attention so we can act in time to satisfy your every whim and wish!!!!

Exascot
7th Apr 2011, 12:26
My dear sir, my modus operandi has never been to whinge, it has always been to take action, usually too rapidly! In this case it was best that the post should stay for a little while so that this almost certainly (hopefully) non-military person would be shamed by his outrageous and disloyal post. I was not criticising your policing of this forum it was merely a comment to point out the obvious need for the delete button. I certainly do not expect you to satisfy my every whim and wish, however, if you are offering; two blondes (36-24-36), three bottles of gin, half a kilo of smoked salmon...............................:)

BEagle
7th Apr 2011, 13:46
Not at all, goldcup old bean - I had enough of sport (it was compulsory every day except Sundays and CCF on Mondays) at school to last a lifetime. The antics of that oik Rooney confirm my view that sport is mainly enjoyed by dim-witted thickos.

The original Olympic ideal has been turned into an utter farce and complete waste of public money.

Anyway, I hope that enough aircraft will be released from ongoing operations to give Prince William and Kate a good flypast.

muttywhitedog
7th Apr 2011, 13:50
Latest on Defence news details which units of HM Forces will be contributing to the wedding; 26 R.A.F. Stations in all, including; Cottesmore, Kinloss and Lyneham.:confused:

FB:)

Interesting to hear when our scrolling news has just told us all that our wonderful HR Dept have put the entire station on leave over that period without us even having to log into JPA!

I'm guessing there will be some unhappy folk banging on their door come 3 May demanding they re-instate the leave they had deducted!

Kreuger flap
7th Apr 2011, 14:03
The antics of that oik Rooney confirm my view that sport is mainly enjoyed by dim-witted thickos.

A multimillionaire dim-whitted thicko you mean. At least he doesn't spend his every walking minute glued to the internet in the hope that somebody will find his stories interesting and think he is really important.

The Oberon
7th Apr 2011, 14:19
He would if he was literate.

Wholigan
7th Apr 2011, 16:09
Exascot --- I trust you want Hendricks Gin! No other will do. ;)

BEagle
7th Apr 2011, 17:34
A multimillionaire dim-whitted thicko you mean. At least he doesn't spend his every walking minute glued to the internet in the hope that somebody will find his stories interesting and think he is really important.

I will leave the spelling police to debrief you on your prose; nevertheless, it does rather reinforce my view.

I'm a proud founder member of Athletics Anonymous - if a squadron mate admits to a desire to commit jockstrappery, they phone you up and you talk them out of it, suggesting a walk to the local pub as being the maximum fitness training needed for any real aircrew mate. As a wartime RAAF aircrew chap once commented "If you want to get yourself fit, mate, get yourself a heavier glass!"....:ok:

Finite heartbeat theory applies!

I will assuredly observe that Prince William is a very lucky chap indeed - young Kate really is an absolute sweetie! I'm sure that his late mother would most definitely have approved of the prince's future wife. A pity that 1(F) cannot take part in the flypast in her memory...:oh:

cazatou
7th Apr 2011, 17:53
Exascot

You are getting old - only 2 blondes?