PDA

View Full Version : Wils on BBC news site

stbd beam
1st Apr 2011, 07:48
Just read the 'statement' by Wils on his SAR job on the website which mentions the great pilots and cockpit spirit. You don't get to do that job without knowing how much the guys in the back are part of it, real pity he didn't say so. Unfortunate choice of words...

BBC News - Prince William on thrills of flying and wedding nerves (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12929250)

Thomas coupling
1st Apr 2011, 07:52
Stbd beam - get a life! Stop nit picking. Everyone knows the purpose of SAR is to get the bloody winchman to the scene. Everyone else is there to support him. It's just that, to be a pilot, one of the quals is to have a bigger ego than the rest of the crew...simps :D
Ed said it all really, in the interview.

dakkg651
1st Apr 2011, 07:58
Pilots also have a lot more common sense than Crewman.

That's why they have a sit down job rather than dangling on the end of a thin steel cable. :E

Tankertrashnav
1st Apr 2011, 08:12
It's no good stbd beam, I'm afraid it's a case of "Two wings good, one wing nowhere" as George Orwell nearly had it. 'Twas ever thus :(

airborne_artist
1st Apr 2011, 08:14
Chip meet shoulder.

In fact the statement you saw has been edited - the clip I heard with Wills talking did talk about all four, not just the master race.

oldbeefer
1st Apr 2011, 08:22
But two wings are still better than 0ne:E:}

stbd beam
1st Apr 2011, 08:22
Oh boys, I'm under no illusion of exactly where my single wing fits!

TTN - absolutely!!!

a a - happy days....

Thomas coupling
1st Apr 2011, 09:29
QED............

Wrathmonk
1st Apr 2011, 09:32
What ..... no comments yet on how he was interviewed in his flying suit when he clearly wasn't flying :E;)

Biggus
1st Apr 2011, 16:20
At least he is in a flying post - you should see the number of flying suits still being worn at ISK....