PDA

View Full Version : Charter Flights Over Water

Jay Bo
30th Mar 2011, 08:02
Getting ready for my cpl oral and need some help with some clarification on the rules re. charter over water flights.

It says (jepp au-812) 8.2 In case of pax carrying charter ops, the distance from land areas suitable for an emergency landing must not exceed 25nm

No limits for private aerial work or freight only charter

So is the above distance limit only for single engine pax charter or does that also include twin engine pax charter?

thanks

beat ups are fun
30th Mar 2011, 08:27
twin engine restrictions are in the CAO. 20.11 from memory (don't have a copy handy) In a nutshell for twin ops, it's half the TAS in Nm from land.

Good Luck

bentleg
30th Mar 2011, 08:30
Reading AIP ENR 1.1 - 61 (not JEP) it seems to me that the 25m limit is a concession given to passenger carrying CHTR aircraft that are otherwise prohibited by CAR258 from flights over water (which includes singles).

Might apply to a twin in some engine out scenarios, I'll let the experts on PPrune deliberate on that.

FJ44
30th Mar 2011, 09:17
What about the new CASA interpretation regarding the 12nm limit and needing international ops on the AOC? There was a thread running about it a few months ago.