PDA

View Full Version : BA crew strike 2011 - dates?

bs13
29th Mar 2011, 10:15
What are the most likely dates for the BA crew strike announced yesterday?

JUAN TRIPP
29th Mar 2011, 10:53
The talk on the streets is that it won't happen. Even if it does, as a BA crew member, I can tell you 100% that BA has this covered from every angle, and ALL LH flights will go with the vast majority on SH too. ALL LGW and London City will go too. If you are booked with us don't worry. The latest a strike can start is April 25th ( easter Mon)

bs13
29th Mar 2011, 11:06
Many thanks.....booked for BCN 1-6 May - booked that as soon as the Spanish cancelled their planned strikes.....:ugh:

jersey145
31st Mar 2011, 23:43
so how many flights will be canx this time?? 5? It seems BASSA should give up. yes we know you are peeeeeeeed off. Some peeps are out of jobs, be greatful. Frankly i was impressed by the level of service offered during the last so called strike. Booked over easter, not even worried.

Oh and being delayed by and hour or 2 for the next flight......couldnt care less! Its my way of sticking 2 fingers up to BASSA. Loved how the BBC news a while ago filmed on the Gatwick Express about the strike.......the usual fearful reponses from pax.......travelling from a base not even affected, Hmmmmm...........................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

pcat160
1st Apr 2011, 03:40
It has now been several days since Bassa/Unite received an overwhelming mandate for IA. OK, what are the strike dates? Why the silence?

hellsbrink
1st Apr 2011, 04:53
PCat, the silence is because they are crapping themselves.

They know that if they did call a strike it would either be straight to the courts again as BA would want it declared "unprotected" or they know it would be "unprotected" and know they would get shafted financially for calling such a strike. If they do nothing, then their own members will start to wonder what is going on as most of them voted for a strike and would at least want to see their vote being taken seriously. A "no call" could mean members saying "ENOUGH" and either causing trouble within the union due to the "management" of this stage of the action or they could leave in droves.

Any one of the above is not a good situation for Bassa/Unite and, tbh, it serves them right.

Frognal
1st Apr 2011, 07:31
Strikes apply pressure by affecting the employer's business.

If you have 12 weeks of protected strike action, you can extend the time of uncertainty and the impact on the employer by calling the strike as late as possible.

NB: I am anti strike and just speculating on the reasons for no dates, as yet.