PDA

View Full Version : Getting into the airlines/forthcoming flight to Jo'burg

theharrier
20th Jun 2001, 22:53
Hi there! I'm 17 and currently a PPL. Next week I'll be flying back out to Jo'burg with BA to get a Night Rating and do some aerobatics training. I'm desperate to get into an airline and always try to get up on to the flightdeck firstly to ask them for any advice they might have but also just because I love taking it all in. Would any of you guys think it cheeky though if I asked to get up to the jumpseat for take-off? If any of you have any suggestions for me or if you think I might be pushing my luck a bit then plz let me know. Or if by chance you know or infact are one of the crew flying out next Thursday night on BA055 from LHR could you ask them if they'd mind a silent observer during take-off!?

Also, as I said before I'm just finishing off A Levels. I've opted out of Uni as I'm so desperate to fly that I dont think I could bear another 4 yrs of education. Have any of you heard of airlines taking on 18 year old cadets for sponsorship? What sorts of jobs would you recommend me applying for in the mean time?

Any feedback would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Stephen ([email protected])