PDA

View Full Version : EY & EK Housing Allowance?

falcon10
27th Mar 2011, 13:36
Im sure its been covered in this forum many times but I was unable to find it without having to view 100s of posts, so I apologize in advance for asking....

A colleague of mine is considering heading over to the sandbox and asked what is the current housing allowance for a single new joiner FO at both EY and EK?

Thanks!

Pull_up
27th Mar 2011, 17:09
152,000 dhs for F/O at EK.

Nightfire
27th Mar 2011, 18:03
dhs 160.000 for FOs (170.000 for Capt) at EY.
BUT this is about to be changed. According to the last email a few days ago, they were asking for "suggestions" to the housing policy.

Boeing 777-300ER
28th Mar 2011, 05:13
dhs 160.000 for FOs (170.000 for Capt) at EY.
BUT this is about to be changed. According to the last email a few days ago, they were asking for "suggestions" to the housing policy.

Nightfire, maybe they should start thinking ahead like their cousins down the road. It seems that EK has always offered quality accommodation to their pilots (Silicon Oasis etc).

I think knowing that you'll be assigned a decent villa especially for those married with kids (and not an apartment) on arrival makes a big difference.
The housing allowance might be at present adequate,however when financial matters start picking up again, rent hikes will be the order of the day.

Airline to quarter crew at Meydan - The National (http://www.thenational.ae/business/aviation/airline-to-quarter-crew-at-meydan)

Gulfstreamaviator
28th Mar 2011, 07:01
Did I just see this: EY will not pay for accomodation if off for 6 weeks due to medical reasons.

Another good reason to move TO the sand pit.

glf