PDA

View Full Version : Who flies into LHR between 0600 and 0645 via Biggin?

brockenspectre
3rd Feb 2002, 22:52
Hi pprune gods and goddesses who fly and get paid for it - who among you fly into LHR in the early-ish mornings?

Mon-Fri I am walking my dog between 0600 and 0645 (gives me time to shower/change and join the rat race) and as I live pretty much under what used to be the Biggin stack I see y'all making your approaches and just the other day wondered which of you might be someone I speak with or at least read posts from!!

:)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
3rd Feb 2002, 23:50
The Biggin stack is still there, where it always was... and there could be a lot - I know; I talk to them!!

[ 03 February 2002: Message edited by: HEATHROW DIRECTOR ]</p>

brockenspectre
4th Feb 2002, 00:00
Heathrow Director thanks - well I said "what used to be the Biggin stack" because I just don't see it stacking any more, probably because I am on the move before the 0730/0800 "rush" and after Sep 11 the approaches to LHR seem to have been quite different!

:)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
4th Feb 2002, 22:53
The approaches into Heathrow were changed slightly after 11 Sept for a brief period to avoid overflying parts of London. However, that was for only a few days and things are now back to normal and the approach paths from Biggin are the same as they have always been. The Biggin holding area is as busy as the other three Heathrow holds but traffic levels vary during the day. Sometimes we'll have 20+ minutes delay; at other times there will be very litle traffic offering. That said, our overall levels are only marginally down on those prior to 11 Sept.

You should have noticed considerable holding in the last few days due to the dreadful weather..

Hope this helps...

Aluminium Importer
4th Feb 2002, 23:24
But certainly between 0600 and 0645 in the morning there is almost guaranteed holding at Biggin. Delays not normally less than 20 mins at this time of day.