PDA

View Full Version : Amiri Flight aircraft engine covers

gchangflyer
26th Mar 2011, 20:50
Hi all,

I was told that the Amiri fleet never put engine covers on when doing nightstops...having seen MANY executive aircraft which mostly do use engine covers, I was wondering if this is true?

heavy.airbourne
27th Mar 2011, 11:25
Why would anybody care? :rolleyes:

P.S.: Did Union of Burma Airways ever use pitot covers? ;)

gchangflyer
27th Mar 2011, 11:35
I'm only asking because usually VIP/Executive heavy jets put covers on the engines during nightstops (obvious reasons: prevent FOD being blown into the engines, prevent unnecessary 'windmilling' or the blades and even just to prevent the highly polished intakes from tarnishing...) but I've never ever seen covers on Amiri 747s, 777s, BBJs... Was just wondering why? I mean, If you have such immensely valuable aircraft, why not follow the 'usual/ practice of looking after them?

Payscale
27th Mar 2011, 13:44
Gee, I dont know... but why do you wonder about such absolute trivia. Put on your sneekers and go for a run instead :ok:

heavy.airbourne
27th Mar 2011, 18:12
Ok, flying exeq they may not know most of the times when the next flight will happen, so they cover up for prolongued ramp time like days or even weeks, while airlines usually have their aircraft airborne again within a few hours and do not need that protection during transit. Just guessing...:)

gchangflyer
27th Mar 2011, 21:42
that's what I mean...they ARE flying exec...ROYAL exec. When we get the USAF Air Force Two B757 and other VIP a/c they always cover the engines.