PDA

View Full Version : Guam Visa requirements for crew

foam
25th Mar 2011, 06:59
G'day,

sending an aircraft to Guam shortly, we are one of the signatory carriers, so the pax on board are fine, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the crew (on the gendec) are eligible for the Visa Waiver Program, or do they need US Visas?

Thanks.

yowieII
25th Mar 2011, 11:06
US visas required..

Capt Fathom
25th Mar 2011, 11:16
I cannot believe you are asking that question on a bulletin board.
Unless you want the crew imprisoned on arrival, phone the US Embassy before you depart and find out what you need to do.

zanzibar
25th Mar 2011, 21:33
phone the US Embassy

I've been involved in sending crew there before and the US embassy wasn't that helpful and some of their advice conflicted with local requirements. After all Guam at that time wasn't (and still isn't to my understanding) a part of the US. It belongs to the CNMI (Confederation of the Northern Mariana islands) if I'm not mistaken.

The local authorities would be your best bet.

foam
25th Mar 2011, 23:23
I cannot believe you are asking that question on a bulletin board.

You don't think I might have already asked elsewhere?

Have spoken to the over 15 different people / departments, including the US Consul office in SYD numerous times, looked at every website I can find, and every time I ask a different person, I get a different answer. :ugh:

Have the phone number for Homeland Security's Guam representative, but he hasn't been answering his phone.

I thought there might be someone on here who has sent crew there, and might be able to provide me with some constructive feedback.

Thanks for your assistance...

chimbu warrior
26th Mar 2011, 00:03
If you are a Jeppesen subscriber, look under "US Pacific Territories" in the Entry Requirements section.

Capt Fathom
26th Mar 2011, 01:16
Guam Visa Requirements (http://visitguam.org/Runtime/VisaRequirements.aspx)

Crew Visas (http://www.immihelp.com/visas/c1dcrewmenvisa.html) and Visa Types (http://canberra.usembassy.gov/niv_visa_categories.html)

Can't understand why the US Consulate would give out conflicting information.

They are, after all, tasked with issuing Visas! :confused:

mainwheel
26th Mar 2011, 04:06
A request in writing with company letterhead :rolleyes:to embassy in auz, i used Melbourne years ago, is the basics of it. Obviously ring first.
The problem can arise, as it did to me, when i went through as a tourist:), visa on arrival at the time, and the man with the brass:suspect: got upset that i wasn't using my crew visa. Took some time and intervention from other experts on hand to convince him otherwise.
Beware of snakes..........

Dehavillanddriver
26th Mar 2011, 07:27
The crew will need a C1/D visa.

Will require an interview at the consulate

Tee Emm
26th Mar 2011, 13:38
Have the phone number for Homeland Security's Guam representative, but he hasn't been answering his phone

Having landed at Guam on numerous occasions in years past, I can tell you it is populated by typical Micronesian Pacific islanders where time means nothing. Not all all surprised your phone calls go answered. Fact of life in all the Pacific islands. And don't ever argue the toss with their Customs and Immigration people because you will arrested and thrown in the slammer real quick.