PDA

View Full Version : What the heck do I do?

VH-AGB
23rd Mar 2011, 07:09
Hello,

I've found my self in a dilemma and i was pointed to this web forum as a possible place for some answers.

Long story short as I can get it.

Started flying in 2005 at Essendon completed about 35 hours in total including solo time, the last thing that I ever did was an Area Solo Check.

In around 2007 the School closed down and brought out a school at Moorabbin, I have rang this school and they have searched for my Records and Logbook high and low of a few occasions and have never found them.
(I would try to contact my instructor but I have not spoken to her in years and no longer have her number)

What can I do from here? I want to get back into flying but with out any record of my Hours and Exams will have to start from scratch?

Any help from anyone or someone who can point me in the right directions would be much appreciated.

ryanboxer
23rd Mar 2011, 23:50
AGB PM me, may be able to assist

WannaBeBiggles
23rd Mar 2011, 23:54
Have you tried contacting CASA?

Pretty sure there would be rules in regards to how long records have to be kept...

Seeing you are only in the early stages of your training, might be worthwhile talking to your new school and just get assessed in all parts leading up to the area solo and take it from there.

VH-AGB
23rd Mar 2011, 23:58
PM sent!

Thanks Biggles I might shoot off a few email and make a few calls today! :ok:

Frank Arouet
24th Mar 2011, 00:13
Find someone, eg. the Instructor and proprietor, (who unless deceased should be able to be found), to corroborate your claims. Get statutory declarations including you own, and buy a new log book. Advise CASA if you feel the need to get rooted around.

I take it you have an ARN and medical records?

Tidbinbilla
24th Mar 2011, 00:21
I suggest you do a search before creating a new thread.

A similar thread can be found here: http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/446230-help-friend-advice-needed.html