PDA

View Full Version : Only 2 years 6 months for first job.

tarmac12
22nd Mar 2011, 06:16
Today I got word that I will start training next week for my first flying job. It's only casual at first and doesn't pay much but it is a flying job.

I must have made a a few hunderd phone calls and about as many emails and even a trip up north (which was fruitless). But it paid off and now I feel that all the time, money and effort may be worth it after all. To everyone else out there don't give up, you will succeed eventually.

I didn't pay for ICUS or 206 time or anything else I was asked to do by some employers.

I will say that companies seem more willing to speak to me now than they did 12 months ago so I think the job scene is starting to improve.

Good luck to everyone still looking and be persistent.

dghob
22nd Mar 2011, 06:52
Good luck tarmac12. Enjoy.
dghob

UnaMas
22nd Mar 2011, 06:59
Well done mate, I know the feeling well.

I write this as I'm cooking steak on a farm where I now live for my first job too. LOVE IT

chimbu warrior
22nd Mar 2011, 08:21
May your patience and principled stance be well rewarded. It is heartening to read that people are prepared to wait. :ok:

Cessna 180
22nd Mar 2011, 09:09
Well you best let Rondair or whatever his name was, know that living on a farm isn't all bad after all!

Good on ya!

Macchi 408
22nd Mar 2011, 09:35
Congrats tarmac12, hope it pays off! :ok:

Ozavatar
22nd Mar 2011, 09:42
All the very best mate :)

WFDUP
22nd Mar 2011, 09:50
Congrats, hard work always pays off.. And there is always something very special about your first job as a pilot.mine was in exmouth wa,, living in a caravan that really had no floor except under the matress that had no frame doing shark / whale spotting , cherish it til the day i die....:ok:

Zoomy
22nd Mar 2011, 10:15
Tarmac,

Well done. You have reminded me exactly what is I keep chasing in this industry. I started off 10 years ago and havent exactly had a dream run. But man, my first real job, 210 flying over the Kimberley. God I love flying.

Enjoy it mate.:ok:

The Green Goblin
22nd Mar 2011, 12:04
Welcome to the club :ok:

Congrats!

Homesick-Angel
22nd Mar 2011, 13:15
Thanks for the inspiration..:ok:

I needed a bit of cheering up after being a poor, broke ars# mofo student the last few years.

Enjoy yourself..

FRQ Charlie Bravo
22nd Mar 2011, 14:28
What, isn't somebody going to say something negative? Maybe that back when Pontias was a pilot and we had to earn our stripes it would take at least a decade to score a C182 job and that you hope his first day is ruined when he irons a bit black shape into his uniform?

What is the world coming to when there's not a single negative post on a PPRuNe?

Jokes aside, welcome to the club, old boy. My only advice is that you don't ever leave one flying job without another lined up (don't let the boss know that though or you'll never get paid).

Fair winds and following seas.

Good luck,

FRQ CB

Jack Ranga
23rd Mar 2011, 03:04
Yeah, goodonya Tarmac :ok: Hope it all goes well for you.