PDA

View Full Version : Qlink Stage 3 Assessment info ???

Ozavatar
21st Mar 2011, 01:23
Wondering if there is anyone out there who has completed a stage 3 sim & interview process with Qlink in the last 6 months .I would really appreciate any info if anyone can provide or PM me please.

Thanks in Advance

The Kelpie
21st Mar 2011, 03:16
If you have the email invitation they sent you with all of the attachments you will have all the information you need!!!

Good Luck

The Kelpie

Ozavatar
21st Mar 2011, 03:21
Thanks kelpie . I did receive the email from Qlink regarding Sim process and their power settigs for different stages of flying.
Just needed someone who could shed some light on how is it like flying that Q400 sim.Mind you i have no glass cockpit experience at all .

Also how was the interview panel like and do they ask lots of tech questions or just the behavioural ones???

thats all i need to know. Just doing the home work for the upcoming Inter.Thats all

Di_Vosh
21st Mar 2011, 09:02
I'm pretty certain that other threads have covered this. Also pretty certain that (apart from the sim being the Q400 sim) nothing has changed over the past three years or so.

For now, you should prepare for the interview in this way:

Technically, be prepared to answer anything that you'd be required to answer in an IFR renewal. (i.e. Know your AIP/Jepps, rules and regs).

Know in great detail the aircraft you currently fly (e.g if your current a/c is a PA31, know thoroughly systems such as undercarriage).

Have some knowledge of Qlink and the Dash-8. Your package should have given you some Qlink and Dash information. Know that. (You won't be expected to know drilled down details such as tyre pressure). If you're wanting a Cairns base (say) you should have a good idea where Qlink flies from Cairns.

Personal info: Typical job interview questions. "When have you had to show leadership", "When have you disagreed with your boss", etc.

Expect to be asked when you've broken any aviation rules/air laws. If you have (and let's face it, many in GA have) DON'T LIE ABOUT IT. What they want to know is your decision process that led to this.

I'll post a bit more when I get some time

DIVOSH!

Professional Amateur
21st Mar 2011, 10:42
OZAvatar,

when did you put in your application??

Oh .....and good luck!

rocket66
21st Mar 2011, 21:19
Ozavatar, I have a couple of friends that are lucky enough to have jobs with Qlink and this question has come up in our conversation several times. They say the best thing to do with regards to the sim is nothing at all. Review all the power settings and VFE, VGE speeds etc but don't go out of your way to find a dash or airbus sim such as the one on the Goldy. Reason is they look for your ability to learn and improve in the sim exam. The theory goes if you play with a sim and get used things it will appear that your performance will be pretty flat rather than stedily learning as you go along.

In my situation the Qlink program is very very appealing so if your successful or not I'd love to hear what the current testing consists of if you have time to PM me.

Best of luck with it mate.

Rocket

Ozavatar
22nd Mar 2011, 03:52
Big Thankyou to Di Vosh and rocket66 .You have been very helpful.Now i can stop stressing about the Sim and just concentrate more on the IFR 's and the behaviour questions.

@Di Vosh , if you got few more suggestions then please PM or just Post it here.It may also help others who are also going for the Interview soon.

@ Professional Amateur, I applied through the website about a month ago and then was offered a Psych Test and then few days after i received an email Regarding the Interview dates.Hope this helps

Cheers guys .Really appreciate all your thoughts and help here.

Calldepartures
22nd Mar 2011, 06:50
Ozavatar,

Do you mind if i ask how many hours you have? I applied and was told that I had been successful at stage 2, but I was not considered competitive at this time. Good luck with the interview and sim.

Thanks
Calldepartures.

HappyBandit
22nd Mar 2011, 07:28
Yep I agree with Divosh focus more on your interview. Being a current driver for Qlink on the 400, all I can say is nail your numbers. It's a numbers plane. If you set 15% of torque with gear and flap 15 out on the ils, it will sit there all day at about vref+10kts-150kts. Just set the power and leave it alone. The sim (much more than the plane) is much more sensitive in pitch so be careful there. Other than that its a very nice plane to fly!

O-ring TF
22nd Mar 2011, 07:55
Oz avatar,

there is heaps of info in the QlinkTraineeship Mega merged thread....about page 30.

Are you up for DE or the Traineeship?

Hope all goes well:ok:

Di_Vosh
22nd Mar 2011, 10:19
Ozavatar...

You'll probably find most of your questions answered in the mega merged thread (thanks o-ring :ok:). If you've read through that and still have questions, send me a PM

DIVOSH!

eternity
22nd Mar 2011, 13:43
Also keep a keen eye on the rudder trim (little self-centreing switch on the centre panel).

In the sim you'll need to fly the aircraft manually and if the 400's rudder trim is not centred then it can become difficult to manipulate the ailerons one way or teh other. Keep the trim centred and it will fly quite well.

Good luck.

Eternity.