PDA

View Full Version : 747-200 flight deck layout overview/explained

spawnz
18th Feb 2001, 21:23
Hi,
I'm looking for info concerning the layout and gauges on the flight deck of a 747-200.
If you know of any good sites containing this information, please let me know.

thanks in advance.

(also, any info on the socalled "basic six" or "T" layout situation explained is also very welcome)

-spawnz

boxjockey99
21st Feb 2001, 00:50
I did my degree dissertation on user interface design of modern aircraft flight decks which covers the move from analogue to glass flight decks and goes into anal detail on the basic T (basic 6). it isn't 747 specific in fact it is more airbus based but there are several refs in it to very deep websites that really go to town on flight deck layout. I can mail it to you if you want it, just mail me either here or to my proper mail address and assuming credit is given in any work you may use it in you're more than welcome to a copy!

loganairlad
22nd Feb 2001, 00:01
http://www.meriweather.com/fd/fyi.html

I'm not an expert on the 747 and so I'm not sure if this is the -200 or -400, but there seems to be a bit too much glass for a Classic. I'm not sure - give it a shot!

Cheers

------------------
You start off with an empty bag of experience and a full bag of luck. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.