View Full Version : The CASA Board.

Frank Arouet
18th Mar 2011, 22:55
Does anybody know what the CASA Board actually do?

Who do they report to and who reports to them?

Can anyone, without searching tell me who is the Chairman? and can anyone similarly tell me who are the members.

Cookie7
19th Mar 2011, 00:52
Does anybody know what the CASA Board actually do?

I'd assume they make decisions & policy (like any board of Directors would do), liaise with the Infrastructure Minister and eventually come to sign-off on whatever it is they happen to decide on.

Can anyone, without searching tell me who is the Chairman?

Allan Hawke

and can anyone similarly tell me who are the members.

Helen Gillies is one of the members, as is John McCormick (CASA Director).
I can't quite remember the other names without looking, but I can go through my work computer and find out all that is necessary later.

Frank, why the curiousity?

Frank Arouet
19th Mar 2011, 01:15
I am curious because one never hears of them in the news, via industry, or the political arenas. The reappointment of a board doesn't seem to have made any difference to when there was no board. In fact it has been a secret since Dick left.

If they make decisions and policy, what does CASA do. I can understand liaison but I question why anybody would do so with the incumbent minister who does nothing. I assumed parliament "signed off stuff" that was dreamed up in the office of legal counsel.

Yes, it's Allan Hawke but somebody had to tell me. And McKormick should be ex-officio.

I wonder how much it costs to run a CASA board pa?

aroa
19th Mar 2011, 04:50
From the CASA site....
BOARD...
... appointed by the Minister. currently Albo
....responsible for deciding objectives, strategies and policies to be followed by CASA.
....and ensuring CASA performs its functions in a proper,efficient and effective manner (sic)

Sounds a bit like their code of (mis) conduct, really... fine words but the reality is vastly different.

Chair: A Hawke
Dep Chair; D Gray
H Gilles
T Donas
J McK CASA CEO Who are these people??? apart from the skull

Board secretariat.... B Calder 131 757 He might apprise you of the costs, but maybe not, secrecy/privacy/not a public doc/ whatever, any old bs will do.

CASA being a GBE ( a sick misnomer if ever there was one), requires a "board" as it is a Government owned "business". Which it aint, its a reg and fee charging Monopoly.
Hence the rip off pricing. What about the poor bloody shareholders(us)then?

As a bureaucracy really, if the "objectives" of the Board dont suit the current controlling thinking of the day, the bureaucrats and the LSD gang can in great bureaucratic style, side track/ subvert/ divert/delay/ form a committee and finally while "its still under further analysis" 5 years later ... bury it.

NO mattter.. there'll be a new board by then.!

And that dear readers is why the place is in the state it is today... and was 30 years ago.!

Maybe we should be bombarding the Board with the facts of what's really going on down at the tarmac level. And at the top as well.

Frank Arouet
19th Mar 2011, 06:24
I recently saw a feature on one of the TV channels about capital punishment and the thought struck me, if CASA were the prosecutors and executioners, would they sleep well at night if they thought their actions could have this consequence!

Ambivalent as I was before, (post Ronald Ryan), I am now an ardent supporter of no death penalty in Australia, no matter what the crime. Yes, you read correctly. I don't trust this system of government to be honest, transparent and impartial enough to make such a decision.

Under the new terrorism laws CASA could indeed today be a major player in deciding one's future if that person happened to be an Australian pilot on death row in Louisiana with what was once an Australian parking fine but now a strict liability criminal offense. That last piece of evidence has been too often used in Australia to literally hang the defendant.

So, is it CASA, the board or the government who decide who hangs.