PDA

View Full Version : Go Harry

TBM-Legend
16th Mar 2011, 13:49
Prince Harry To Get Advanced Apache Training In U.S.
Wed, 16 Mar '11
Selected For Special Training In Yuma, AZ
Prince Harry has been picked for training at the U.S. Army's Yuma proving ground in Arizona in advanced tactics and weapons in the Apache gunship helicopter.

:ok:
The British Royal family member spent 10 months learning to fly the helicopters, according to the Daily News and Analysis quoting the Daily Star. Now, the heir to the British throne will spend some time learning how to use such advanced weapons as Hellfire missiles and a laser-guided 30mm cannon which fires 625 rounds per second.
The training, taught by U.S. military instructors as well as Boeing personnel, also includes use of an automatic targeting system called "Death Stare," which is a helmet-based sight allowing the pilot to select a target simply by looking at it.
The training is in advance of a possible combat deployment where Prince Harry could engage Taliban forces.

Willard Whyte
16th Mar 2011, 14:03
Not only that but he appears to be closer to our future Queen than one might have expected.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01849/will-kate_1849596c.jpg

Kate Middleton 'marries Prince Harry' on souvenir mug - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8385415/Kate-Middleton-marries-Prince-Harry-on-souvenir-mug.html)

jimgriff
16th Mar 2011, 14:41
625 rounds a second- wow! some gun!

diginagain
16th Mar 2011, 14:46
Is there a link to this paragon of quality journalism? It's a slow day at work and I could do with some stimulation.

Tashengurt
17th Mar 2011, 09:21
Those mugs will probably be worth a fortune one day. Besides, you never know! :E

Al R
17th Mar 2011, 10:57
Besides, you never know! :E

Orf with his head!

(never say never, mind)

TBM-Legend
17th Mar 2011, 11:06
Keeping it in the family. Remember that sharing is caring....:D

Al R
17th Mar 2011, 11:09
As precedent goes, isn't there already an established track record of that..?

I can say this with a light heart, because I'm sure they won't ever need my professional services. Although I don't ever want to open the upstairs curtain one morning to be staring down the hovering snout of his Hack.