PDA

View Full Version : Al Barsha

Eau de Boeing
16th Mar 2011, 10:47
Hiya

At the risk of attracting all the negative posters on here, I have just been given accomodation in Manazel Al Barsha and can't find out much information online about it. Could any EK FO's there give me an idea of location, access to city centre, what there is to do near there and if possible post a link to some pictures?

Many thanks in advance

Fear_of_heights
17th Mar 2011, 08:22
Its pretty decent place. Best one to get unfurnished since it will come with all appliances and you won't have to spend extra DHS to buy them. Get some ear plugs because the AC units are placed on top of the building and they are extremely loud. Overall one of the best buildings EK has at the moment and nice location.

sheikmyarse
17th Mar 2011, 09:38
Forget about sleeping... keep discovering!!!

roadrunner21
17th Mar 2011, 12:34
here we go picture of the building Photo of Manazel Al Barsha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Photo, Stock Image, Photograph | Emporis.com (http://www.emporis.com/application/?nav=image&id=782878)

If you do move there, watch out for the road noise, as mentioned above
High floor or one that faces the other way
Trust me, its Dubai, its all sand, not much of a view

And Manzel Al Barsha offers the best Thai Food in Dubai right behind it
thaiwok.ae
Other options are http://www.timeoutdubai.com/restaurants/search/barsha

Things to do around Al Barsha ? ( In Dubai ) == Work, Sleep, Work & hope the Money bucket fills up before the bucket reserved for ***** :ugh:

Elvis26
17th Mar 2011, 20:35
Indeed, one of the better options of EK accommodation.
Things to consider (however it's never a win win situation)
1. Fairly new bldg...may be 3 yrs old
2. Fairly new mosque built opposite the bldg...with very loud singer
3. Roof top pool, big enough for laps
4. Ok gym, with variety of cardio machines + resistance machines
5. Tenants: mix of senior cabin staff, management staff, pilots
6. 5 mins walk to Mall of Emirates, variety of shops, ski slope, food court, supermarket.
7. Variety of little restaurants around if you adventurous enough to venture on the foot out
8. Near by park for running (around a lake, kinda), public tennis court, basketball court and grass football (I think)
9. Metro station by the Mall of Emirates
10. 2 bedroom apt for flight deck crew

Enjoy,

The Turtle
18th Mar 2011, 14:21
a friend recently moved out of that building...seems accomidations moved the cabin crew out of there to move the sr management in!

MosEisley
27th Aug 2011, 09:17
I used to live there. Great building, really nice apartments. Having moved out and seen the quality of Dubai apartments, You could do much worse. Great location. Only drawback is the loud mosque facing apartments 02, 03, and 05. Otherwise the underground parking, proximity to the mall, and availability of taxis makes it great. PM me if you want more info.