PDA

View Full Version : Medical Verification Letter

dxbpilot
15th Mar 2011, 17:34
Hi,

I hold a UK class 1 medical with no restrictions.

My new employer wants a verification letter. I can only find the form for the Licence verification.

SRG1160: UK Licence Verification Authorisation for Licence Validation | Publications | CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=521)

Any idea where to find the medical verification form ?

Thanks

homonculus
16th Mar 2011, 16:37
Why for goodness sake? Why wont they accept the certificate?

If you can forge a certificate you can certainly forge a letter - any printer can provide CAA headed notepaper, but the certificate is far more difficult.

dxbpilot
18th Mar 2011, 17:27
Its for a licence conversion in the UAE. Thats why its required.

captainsmiffy
19th Mar 2011, 18:35
Just speak with the CAA; it involves you paying heinous amounts of money so the the CAA can send verification to their UAE counterpart. (Not to you, mind! You only pay the money!!) Nobody in the UAE accepts any docs at face value and it is a right royal pain in the a**e!!

Had to get my wifes nursing docs attested whilst on a layover in LGW. The UK part took 10 minutes, literally. Their embassy counterparts (UAE embassy in London) took all morning and then closed for lunch without having given me my docs back (which I could see on the other side of the counter, all signed). An hour and a half later I pitched up at the same counter and was given the docs, which we both knew were already completed before lunch!! This done out of spite, I feel, because I waited for them to finish instead of walking out and returning at the end of the day - having told them that I was in a rush as I was flying for their national airline overnight and needed to get back to the hotel to rest prior to the night trip home!!