PDA

View Full Version : MON MAN-SSH, which aircraft type

bplgaz
15th Mar 2011, 13:08
I've just been handed a press job to Sharm with Monarch out of Man.
What aircraft type operates on this route, suspect it might be the A300-600. Is that right? Anyone know?

Mr @ Spotty M
16th Mar 2011, 05:53
Mon do not normally use the A321 on the SSH route due range issues.
As you have not listed a date or flight number is hard to know if it will be a A330, A300 or B757.
Last week on Thursday it was on a A300 operating a split load via LGW.
However it could be a A321 if the load is low enough, cutting out the split load.
Will take a look at work today.

bplgaz
16th Mar 2011, 15:45
April 7 outbound, April 10 inbound, both via Gatwick
Cheers

Mr @ Spotty M
16th Mar 2011, 18:26
Well it is going to be the A300 then.

bplgaz
16th Mar 2011, 18:48
Cheers
Never flown on the A300 before - an new type for me

wkw198
16th Mar 2011, 21:24
I did the route in January (just as the first hints of the protests were starting i Cairo) and it was the A300-600.

Felt a bit cramped to be honest, was glad when it was over. Not a lot of leg room.

I gather there is amazing feeling of "emptiness" in Sharm at the moment. especially if you are into your diving it is back to the "good old days"... enjoy.

OverRun
17th Mar 2011, 10:15
Score one for the inside knowledge of bplgaz. I thought I'd cross-check using some of the various fancy tools available to SLF.

The vaunted KVS Availability tool showed nothing, and neither did ExpertFlyer. Even Seatguru came up with nothing. First time I've seen them all beaten - must be Monarch Airlines.

And speaking of Monarch Airlines, aren't their fares something else? I was only looking at the LGW-SSH leg (as I tried to get a response from the various software tools) and I got a return fare of GBP335 from the Monarch website for those dates, which turned out to be GBP421 when I worked through to the payment section and included basics like a seat, toilet and baggage. The Easyjet option for GBP270 seemed better, although I admit that I haven't followed that one through to booking to see what the real price was going to be. And Easyjet don't fly MAN-SSH.

bplgaz
17th Mar 2011, 11:15
Score one to the Monarch press office who are arranging our trip!

KBPsen
17th Mar 2011, 11:22
Never flown the A300 before

To do that, in addition to a ticket, you'll need a licence and type-rating.

Hotel Tango
17th Mar 2011, 11:59
To do that, in addition to a ticket, you'll need a licence and type-rating.

I have a friend in India who can get you those :cool:;)

bplgaz
17th Mar 2011, 12:34
Very droll!
I should insert the word on and slap myself for a terrible americanism never to be repeated!

KVS
24th Mar 2011, 22:29
The vaunted KVS Availability tool showed nothing, and neither did ExpertFlyer. Even Seatguru came up with nothing. First time I've seen them all beaten - must be Monarch Airlines.

MAN-SSH is a charter flight. Furthermore, like most other charter and charter-type airlines, Monarch does not participate in the global airline reservation systems.

A partial list of the airlines, supported via the KVS Tool, is available at http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes and includes:

2J 2K 2L 4M 5L 5T 6A 7H 7I 7Q 8U 9B 9F 9U 9W A3 A7 A9 AA AB AC AF AI AM AP AR AS AT AV AY AZ B6 BA BD BE BG BI BP BR BT BW CA CI CM CO CX CY CZ D3 DE DL DT DX EC EI EK EN ET EY F7 F9 FB FI FJ FL FT G0 G3 GA GF GJ GL H2 HA HG HM HR HU HX HY I5 IB IC IG IT IY IZ J2 JA JC JJ JK JL JM JO JP JU JV KA KC KD KE KL KM KQ KS KU KX LA LG LH LO LP LR LT LV LW LX LY M5 MA ME MH MK MP MS MU MW MX NH NU NZ O4 OA OK OM OS OU OV OZ P1 PG PK PR PS PU PW PX PY QA QF QR QS RG RJ RO RU S2 S3 S4 S7 SA SB SE SK SN SP SQ SS SU SV SW SY T3 TA TC TE TG TK TN TP TS TU TX U7 U8 UA UH UL UM UN UP US UT UU UX V3 VA VG VK VN VR VS VT VV VW W3 W4 WF WM WN WP WS WY X8 XF XL YM YO YV ZF ZI ZJ ZK