PDA

View Full Version : Non-reducing bonds

B clam
16th Jun 2001, 02:23
I know, I know, bonds again!

Any examples of people contesting NON-REDUCING bonds?

Please, no pontificating about "you signed the contract" etc. My issue is with the non-reducing element.

Jetdriver
16th Jun 2001, 02:33
You answered the question in your last sentence.

What did you think the contract actually said, and bearing that in mind what do you think about them ?

AMEX
17th Jun 2001, 17:43
B Clam: When you sign a contract in my company, it isn't quite clear if it is a reducing bond or not. It only says I owe them £7500 if I go before two years but so far all the guys who have left, have been asked to pay pro-rata. Mu turn is coming so I'll tell you more about it in few 3 months time.
Anyway, I don't think you can be expected to pay the entire amount at once since you probably can't afford it. In that case your company could take you to court but what for ?
- You have agreed to pay the bond
- You need payment facility that's all
Plus they stand the chance (depending on your lawyer) to be asked about the fairness of asking you to repay the full amount when you have been working for them for Xxx years/months.

Hi JD!! Next bash we should have few more beers together and discuss again about this bond thing (your favorite ;) ).
When I signed the contract, I knew what I did but I didn't know what the company would do.
-28 days in row without a single day off (private so legal).
-Not allowed to be ill (serious!!).
-Called back whilst on (granted) leave with no other option but to say "yes" (it's so easy to exercise pressure for some http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif ).
- Required to do office work non related to aviation (Filing invoices!!) because "I have to show commitment to the company".
-Told that although I might be working during week ends, bank holidays,... I won't be able to get any days in lieu since "when I don't fly, it should be considered as a day off".
- I get grief when I am on a night stop for using company's Credit card to get lunch. (Apparently I should bring my own lunch box he he he).
As you said, I have signed a contract but I never knew anout that.

------------------
If you can't save the engine...save the airframe :D
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/MiscDancfrog.gif