PDA

View Full Version : The RAF Factor!!!!!! Have you got it?

Kreuger flap
14th Mar 2011, 22:53
Is this for real? We are making trainee Pilots redundant, scrapping vital aircraft, cutting allowances, closing bases, so to improve morale they have decided to have a f@c***g singing contest?

About RAF Factor (http://www.raffactor.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=28)

Whose fantastic idea was this?? What is wrong with organising an Officers Mess summer ball to get promoted?

Don't we have a No Fly Zone to organise? Oh that's right we haven't got any sodding aircraft left.

Grabbers
14th Mar 2011, 23:06
So RAF Kinloss is going to host a heat of this abortion is it? Genius, pure genius. I'm so pleased my Superior Officer hasn't roped me in to help. The shame would be unbearable. To all those whose Boss 'encourages' them to be involved: Don't.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
14th Mar 2011, 23:32
It is raising funds for RAFBF and BLESMA so it can't be all bad. Just mostly bad!

Duncs:ok:

Not sure that I'll be entering!

minigundiplomat
14th Mar 2011, 23:34
It is for a good cause, and probably organised by someone who means well.

That said, given the current poor state of morale, I think a talent show called 'The RAF Factor' will be poorly recieved. However, it does have possiblities:

Act 1 - Knifethrowers. Co-Workers [as we are now known] turn their backs as their senior officer launches a series of sharp blades whilst blindfolded.

Act 2 - The Magician. Makes various things disappear - HDT, Allowances, jobs & morale etc.

Act 3 - The Juggler. An SAC attempts to answer phones, do a RAFFT, sweep the hangar and clear snow off the runway, in addition to guarding prisoners and his own primary duty.

Act 4 - The Clowns. A joint High Wycombe and MOD team.

Act 5 - The Strong Man. A genuine and well meaning Flt Lt attempts to pick morale off the floor.

Act 6 - The Lion Tamer. As the lions have all either been leaned, made redundant or PVR'd, this years act will substitute donkeys.

Really annoyed
14th Mar 2011, 23:42
You forgot Act 7. The slug balancer.

EESDL
14th Mar 2011, 23:47
Act 8. The Titanic deck chair re-arranger - usual found busying themselves (and others) on futile tasks whilst missing the 'big picture'.

Grimweasel
15th Mar 2011, 00:10
Nothing fails to amaze me anymore - time to depart ;(

Canadian Break
15th Mar 2011, 07:05
a survey from our Masters arrives asking me how satisfied I am with the quality of life within the RAF. Timing is everything!!! Pity they haven't got it.:ugh:

dctyke
15th Mar 2011, 07:06
Should be re-named:

RAF - Going For a Song

Finningley Boy
15th Mar 2011, 07:19
Who will provide the flying part?:confused:

Oh, and the colours on the initials are in the wrong sequence. They've got the French one. Ours should be Red, White and Blue from the left.

FB:)

snagged1
15th Mar 2011, 07:20
Calm down everyone... its for charity... Dont blame someone trying to do something good for the state of the military budget crisis. If you want to blame someone for that, two names spring to mind, Bliar and Clown. :ugh:

Red Line Entry
15th Mar 2011, 08:34
Snagged,

Get with the programme, this is pprune! Membership restricted to miserable, self-flagellating cynics who think they've seen it all and done it all. No enthusiasm for any positive ideas allowed (a view particularly expressed by those who have already left).

Get a grip, you lot. The cuts maybe crap but there are still plenty of people left in the Mob who haven't given up!

diginagain
15th Mar 2011, 08:39
What fun!
Melchett: I'm going to have a concert party to boost the men's morale.

George: A concert party, well, hurrah!

Melchett: You fancy an evening at a concert party, Blackadder?

Edmund: Well frankly sir, I'd rather spend an evening on top of a stepladder in No Man's Land smoking cigarettes through an illuminous balaclava.

airpolice
15th Mar 2011, 08:50
I notice that serving members of the Royal Air Force are referred to as "Employees" in this document.

TorqueOfTheDevil
15th Mar 2011, 09:44
Ours should be Red, White and Blue from the left

FB,

Not quite true - ours are red, white and blue front to back on both sides.

Sorry, it's a slow morning...

TOTD:8

Dan Winterland
15th Mar 2011, 10:59
The AP on how to be an officer in the RAF published in 1923 gives details of how do the various tasks related to the job. Along with how many camels you have to hire to move a Sqn and how to rig a DH9, it also suggests that to stop the other ranks sticking their privates into unsuitable women and catching nasty diseases, one should distract them by organising concert parties.

It's history repeating itself!

Wander00
15th Mar 2011, 11:11
Or put something noxious in their NAAFI tea

Finningley Boy
15th Mar 2011, 11:17
I notice that serving members of the Royal Air Force are referred to as "Employees" in this document.

Yeah, me too!:(

Willard Whyte
15th Mar 2011, 14:34
How about a charity 'quit with the dumb-ass ideas' event.

Really annoyed
16th Mar 2011, 00:07
Get a grip, you lot. The cuts maybe crap but there are still plenty of people left in the Mob who haven't given up!

You're organising this aren't you. Is your name Georgina the leading lady? Will beagle go along to entertain everybody in the interlude with stories from his RAF days? I could do with a cure for my insomnia.

sisemen
16th Mar 2011, 03:29
The post quoting Blackadder is right on the nail. Yep, it's for charity but incredibly bad timing.

Sing yer hearts out lads. That'll show 'em that Britain is not to be trifled with!

Linedog
16th Mar 2011, 09:00
Wot, no morris dancers??? :eek:

airpolice
16th Mar 2011, 09:14
Is there going to be Trifle? If i'd known that I'd have put my name down.

Finningley Boy
16th Mar 2011, 10:09
Erm, are former "Employees" permitted as contestants? If so I'll give you all song or something. Off we goooooo into the wild blue yonder riding hiiiiiigh into the skyyyyy!

A little off topic these days I understand but at least its something.:ok:

Dan Gerous
16th Mar 2011, 14:00
Co-Workers [as we are now known]

MGD, that is so last week. "Colleague" is now the latest management speak for a fellow employee.

ShyTorque
16th Mar 2011, 18:42
it also suggests that to stop the other ranks sticking their privates into unsuitable women and catching nasty diseases, one should distract them by organising concert parties.

Other ranks? Don't forget the officers!

It would take more than a bloody concert party anyway.... ;)