PDA

View Full Version : QR - Recruitment freeze of European Cabin Crew?

Emma Gemma
13th Mar 2011, 18:53
Normally this should have been posted in the cabin crew sections but not too many QR cabin crew are using this forum.

I have heard that QR has once again placed a recruitment freeze on cabin crew from Europe and trying whatever they can to get rid of existing European cabin crew. I remember they did this for some years a couple of years ago because they thought of Europeans being too bothersome. Looking at their career page it could indicate this as there are really no planned recruitment events anywhere near Europe compared to last year when they were recruiting there en masse.

Has anyone heard the same or could confirm this?

Emma Gemma
18th Mar 2011, 22:46
Maybe it's true then.

Thanks for your answer!

411A
19th Mar 2011, 03:00
Far better to recruit from SE Asia (and...South/Central America), as those folks have a much better service orientated culture.

heavy.airbourne
19th Mar 2011, 04:21
Far better to recruit from SE Asia (and...South/Central America), as those folks have a much better service orientated culture.
...as they are still used to slave work.:uhoh:

Capt Krunch
19th Mar 2011, 06:34
as they are still used to slave work

Thats a pretty blanket and offensive way of looking at the world man, not to mention pretty narrow minded.

The culture in Asia is heavily gears around respect for the older and employer, not to mention allot of these employees feed families abroad for the little that they make will go along way. Slavery has nothing to do with it. do you not think that everyone beside you wants better things in life but many are not so lucky and when they do get a job that will change their families lives for the better you refer to them as slaves workers when all it is, is survival in it's most basic form..
The region is known for exploiting this, but the fact remains they are just like you or me.. In a way I am also a slave to the QA system but on a higher pay scale.

loc22550
20th Mar 2011, 09:37
Slave might not be the adequate word for Q.R C.C.
Desperated and CEO devoted might be...
One of our F/O was virtually terminated,When a C.S. wrote straight to the CEO about him..(pretending he was harassing her,and calling her in the middle of the night....),and as off course the CEO blindly believes what his devoted C.S. told him.
Luckily after a while (but in the mean time the F/O was forced to submit his resignation...!), they realise that the C.S. allegation was wrong and the F/O was re-installed in the company...(after having sold everything in the mean time :car....)
Wondering what happens to the C.S....probably nothing?