PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Natterjack
14th Jun 2001, 21:44
I'm going backpacking in India for a month on August 18 until September 18. Quite naturally I am taking a range of tablets which will hopefully reduce or cure any problems which I may suffer whilst way. But the boxes in which the tablets are kept are unnecessarily bulky. So, I am curious as to whether I would experience any problems if I carried my tablets in various labelled small clear bags. Would my luggage be inspected and what is the probability of me being accused of carrying illegal drugs when in fact they're perfectly legal, as they're headache, cold/flu, diarrohea tablets, etc?

CaptainSquelch
14th Jun 2001, 22:34
Natt,

Have you seen the movie Bangkok Hilton?

Good luck; I'll visit you once a year at the Delhi Bash.

DownIn3Green
15th Jun 2001, 21:13
Natt,

Consolidate your tablets as you wish, but keep the inner wrapper (info) and the label portion of the box with them.

wtpurser
19th Jun 2001, 00:24
Bash, Bangkok Hilton sounds great ! When is your booking Nats ? Perhaps you should get organised now so we can have a farewell do for you as a way of a send-off !!! :P

Natterjack
19th Jun 2001, 01:13
LOL WTP. Anyone would think that you think I'm not coming back :) But I've got news for you... hehe. As Arnie said - "I'll be back!"

------------------
I spend most of my money on beer and women - the rest I just waste.

icemaiden
19th Jun 2001, 01:47
I went to Northern India a few years ago climbing, had the most excellent time, but would make a recommendation to you, Im not trying to worry you! OK, Your doctor can sell you (or even give you) an "aids kit" which is quite important if your backpacking in India - it is a foldable sealed kit which contains important medications and sealed equipment in case you need medical attention. Indian hospitals especially those found off the beaten track are a bit more versatile with their recycling of equipment than the guys back home.

On the subject of drugs and customs I was once questioned over the possession of aeriel washing powder but thats another story... I agree with the advice given, keep the labels and have a great time!

tunneler
19th Jun 2001, 19:09
nats - did you actually think to yourself about this question?

What would you do if you were a customs bloke and some 18 yr old chappy comes swanning through with bags full of tablets??

Gee let me think - this boys a dealer - out come the rubber gloves, the ky and time to find an english speaking lawyer.

get a grip boy!