13th Mar 2011, 19:01
Better yet ,

Answer the call, and ask how much you get paid to work on your day off :ok:

xerox25
13th Mar 2011, 19:37
DON T WORK ON YOUR OFF DAYS !:ugh:

SAFARI Fire Fighter
14th Mar 2011, 08:28
What is really interesting about this, here I sit in the UAE, ready to be employed, just been made redundant, 5000 total time and 2000 total on a 4 engine 70 ton aircraft, and EY just says, sorry, cant help you if you dont have jet time? Yet they willing to cancel flights rather than looking at Turbine Jet time ? Then I hear they hire instructors from Horizon with limited twin time and very low time, yet they wont look at me. Maybe I should stop pushing to try and work there, sounds a bit F*&%^ up to me

Landflap
14th Mar 2011, 10:52
Yeah it is nonsense. A propjet is a jet engine. Recruiters just tend to make these ill-thought out rules as a selection device. Years ago, with turbo & pure jet time, I was rejected by CX because I had "no underslung jet engine experience" ! No kidding, I still have the letter.

Very sorry to note your position. Keep banging on the doors & someone with some sense might grant you an interview. Bon chance.

SAFARI Fire Fighter
14th Mar 2011, 12:55
Thanks, maybe it is a blessing like you say, but unfortunately EK is the same, no jet no fly, so is most of the airlines here right now, I do have a bit of time to look around and who knows, something might still come up :)

Gulfstreamaviator
14th Mar 2011, 18:23
Perhaps the company would not pay danger money, or the insurance policy did not cover war or civil unrest.

glf

Sir Osis of the river
14th Mar 2011, 18:33
Called twice in the last two days on days off. (Capt. Please.....)

SORRY!

I have something way more important to do.

Memorial service for Capt. Denesh Maharaj on Wed 16th.

Sir O

neilb767
14th Mar 2011, 23:07
SFF,

Thats one thing I never figured out.

In Canada the Turboprop pilot flies in all the crap conditions..

- unprepared airfields
- crappy wx. ( most of the icing is around FL 200 to Ground level )
- NPA approaches.. up north always NDB's
- multi sectors

yet airlines feel that 300 hrs plus a type has more value.. what crap !

then consider that they will hire cadets with ZERO experience to sit in the right seat of a 320..

Cant figure that out, guess u need to be an X turboprop pilot to appreciate the value of the guys ur turning down.

best of luck

NG_Kaptain
15th Mar 2011, 04:06
I'll be at Denesh's memorial. Will not fly on off days.

SAFARI Fire Fighter
16th Mar 2011, 05:15
CFM-56NG (http://www.pprune.org/members/343531-cfm-56ng)
Thanks for the reply, I did try to pm you but alas, either pprune is having problems or my Linux is not working. I did apply with Qatar, but they have not come back to me.

CFM-56NG
16th Mar 2011, 14:53
not a problem mate!!!!
wish you good luck over there!!!!:ok:

Instant Hooligan
16th Mar 2011, 15:52
BAH = The Kingdom of Bahrain and evacuated means likely exactly that!! Evacuated due to the continued protests and civil unrest.

Jetjock330
16th Mar 2011, 16:06
A single A320 sim in AUH is not enough. The A320 fleet is not small at EY and requires extra sims else where.