PDA

View Full Version : Etihad to the rescue in Japan

Etileaks
12th Mar 2011, 18:36
I am just wondering why Etihad sent a crew and back up into NRT last night, 12 hours after a devastaing earthquake.

All the US carriers BA, Cathay MAS etc cancelled but EY had to go.

For those rostered with this get it in writing from head office that you are insured. How about danger pay?

On the inaugural NRT it was all management crew, how come not now?

Another example of senior managements disrespect for our crews and our Captains lack of balls in not refusing this assignement.

Left Coaster
13th Mar 2011, 04:34
Seems a bit short sighted on your part...NRT airport is open, fuel available, wx ok, and maybe you forgot about people who would like to get out of the situation there? No doubt it's a bit of a challenge but quit whining and go to work...lots of others have to...or are you happy howling about it from your comfy armchair? :p

sandblasted
13th Mar 2011, 05:56
It's not about having balls to refuse the assignment, unfortunately if you refuse to go some poor colleague has to chew the fat in your place, I agree, it's far too soon to be flying back in there though,Hogan's Hero's to the rescue as usual,at least we can save on a tail logo light as the A/C can glow in the dark from the residual radiation.:E

a345xxx
13th Mar 2011, 07:28
Narita was only closed for a short time. I really see no reason for not going. All the other carriers including those you mentioned all launched flights as soon as NRT reopened.

My prayers and best wishes go out to all those affected!

777boyindubai
13th Mar 2011, 16:15
Contacted,

Spot on, mate.

God bless those poor people and especially the children.:{