PDA

View Full Version : Hercules Byron Sound West Falkland 10/3/11

Captivep
10th Mar 2011, 19:25
Just wanted to say hello and thank you to the crew of the Hercules who flew over us on board the MV Fram (just off Carcass Island) approx 13:00 local today.

You were a fabulous sight as you disappeared off through the mountains on a beautifully clear day (it must have been a great day for flying!).

Tom-deployed
14th Mar 2011, 23:22
Hello from the crew of ZH883. C130-J. We are always happy to put on a demonstration, Especially on such a beautiful day.

Landroger
14th Mar 2011, 23:35
How cool is that? Motor vessel sees Fat Albert - crew of said aeroplane reply to motor vessel, a mere four days and four hours later via tens of thousands of miles of copper and fibre optic. :D

Roger.

Captivep
16th Mar 2011, 11:59
And another thank you to the Hercules crew who flew over us again on the 11th March, passing us first to starboard and then turning and running in past our port side.Lots of waving from the British passengers aboard the Fram and many pictures taken!

Jumping_Jack
16th Mar 2011, 13:58
Looks as if you all had a good time on the trip....though disappointed not piccies or mention of the C130 in the blog! :confused:

http://mvfram.b l o g s p o t.com/

Take the spaces out of b l o g s p o t, apparently PPrune doesn't like it!!

Captivep
16th Mar 2011, 15:45
The "official" photographer was about the only one who didn't take any pics (although I must admit I missed it too) - I know some of my fellow passengers will be emailing me some pics when they get home so, once received, I'll upload them.

MG
16th Mar 2011, 16:52
As long as they don't incriminate the crew?! I know there are some instances down there that I'm glad were not captured on film, some of which were flying related!!