PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet Jumpseat Policy...?

Big Red ' L '
12th Feb 2001, 17:38
I heard a rumour recently about easyjet jumpseat policy. According to a member of cabin crew, there is no such policy to allow a pax to go up the front and have a look and stay for take-off, landing ect...However, some pilots say its ok. Anyone know what the official stance is as i am flying with them next monday and was wondering what the chances are of having a look and a possible(if offered)js for landing. Thanks in advance.......

P.S. Sorry if this is not the right forum to post this.

------------------
Its not the fall that kills you...Its the sudden stop.....

ex DOUBLECHECK
13th Feb 2001, 00:29
I'm afraid the RULE is no visitors for take off and landing. Cruise visits are allowed.

Take it EZ.

If you post the flight number and date you're on I might be able to see who's flying...I might.

Big Red ' L '
13th Feb 2001, 04:49
Here goes....Mon 19 Feb. LPL to LTN. 1215 Dep. Flt number 703. Shall i take my logbook with me. I have just started for my ppl (first solo due in march..) and have heard you stand a better chance of going up the front if you show this to the crew beforehand. Many thanks in advance.

solari
15th Feb 2001, 03:58
Hope ex Doublecheck's kind offer works for you.
The best route to the jumpseat is to vote with your feet - fly with airlines that leave it to the discretion of their Captains.
This means, whenever possible, avoiding -
Easyjet - only in the cruise
'Go' - not even in the cruise
All US airlines - ditto because of FAA Regs.
Don't blame the flight crews - the 'suits' make these daft rules. :rolleyes:

ex DOUBLECHECK
19th Feb 2001, 13:16
Sorry 4 the really late reply, I read your route was starting in LPL and I am based LTN. Found out who's flying but dunno either one of em. If you still read this be4 the flight, write a polite little note and give it with your lisense 2 the number one whilst boarding. You might have a chance if "El Capitano" is not 2 grumpy....
Otherwise ask 4 a inflight visit but do it early since LPL-LTN is over be4 you know it....

Good luck.