PDA

View Full Version : Airservices Australia Airline & GA Pilot Information Nights 2011

Phil Vabre
9th Mar 2011, 05:29
Airservices Australia is once again hosting Pilot Information Nights (PINs) aimed at both airline/commercial and general aviation pilots. PINs are held in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.

Come along if you would like to learn more about Air Traffic Control and how it relates to your operation.

Full details including dates are available on the Airservices website at:

Airline - Airservices Australia - Projects & Services - Industry Forums - Pilot information nights (http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/projectsservices/industryforums/pilotinfo/airlinepilotinfonights.asp)

GA - Airservices Australia - Projects & Services - Industry Forums - Pilot information nights (http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/projectsservices/industryforums/pilotinfo/default.asp)

DK08
9th Mar 2011, 06:00
seems interesting. are there any costs involved?

Chadzat
9th Mar 2011, 06:04
Perth's system is obviously too hard to explain so they arent bothering!! :D

K3nnyboy
10th Mar 2011, 00:38
is it me or the link doesn't seem to be working....:eek:

Skynews
10th Mar 2011, 00:47
they work fine.
Have you tried copying the link into your address bar?

sisemen
10th Mar 2011, 00:50
Perth's system is obviously too hard to explain so they arent bothering!!

Silly boy. You should know by now that the world stops at Border Village.

The only time that anyone pays any heed to WA is to make sure that the income which props up the rest of Australia is still on stream.

le Pingouin
11th Mar 2011, 02:40
are there any costs involved?They're free - the aim is education.

PyroTek
11th Mar 2011, 05:21
Apparently Adelaide isn't important enough either. Strange, I know there is a GA operator that has more than 50 pilots working for them in that city...

Does Perth/Adelaide have enroute control? Not when I last checked. Essentially on these tours you check out (I did mine in Brisbane) the sim room, the flight information centre, the main room where enroute control is done for Brisbane Centre and also given a Q&A time.
I'm not sure what the deal is with Sydney, but Brisbane and Melbourne have Brisbane/Melbourne Centre - respectively. It's based on the equipment they have in the city. Nothing of 'importance' of cities, from what I see.:ugh:

Awol57
11th Mar 2011, 07:19
Actually I suspect it's potentially more a man power thing. Plenty of admin types floating around Melbourne and Brisbane to run tours. Whilst there is stuff to see in Perth TCU (and probably Adelaide but I haven't been in there) there is not likely to be people to walk and talk you around.

Nautilus Blue
13th Mar 2011, 07:30
Perth's system is obviously too hard to explain so they arent bothering!!
Sad to say your best bet would be asking questions on here.

From what I can tell its a very general overview rather than specific 'why did I get this requirement/level change here?" type of thing. I would love to spend a few hours discussing procedures and issues with our 'customers', but as most of then are on the other side of the continent its unlikely to happen.

Lodown
24th Apr 2011, 21:05
Can't help but be cynical about the entire program...

How many ASA people are involved in the dedicated education/brainwashing/PR stunt?

What's the cost of their wages, airline tickets, airline club memberships, hotels, pamphlets, etc?

How much time was spent putting together the Powerpoint slides?

What's the cost of the facilities, projectors, drinks, chiars, screens, etc?

What is the intended outcome?

When I was a kid, we'd just call up the local tower, organize a few pilots to share a ride and go visit for ourselves.

What a joke the entire aviation administrative services have become.

Jack Ranga
26th Apr 2011, 10:12
Unfortunately most of what you get is the 'PR tour' a rundown from people who don't know how it really works (unless the Varbrinator does it). And a quick look at a distance how it looks. Apparently controllers can't be trusted to have a chat to you while they are working.