PDA

View Full Version : London - Sydney Air Race

tiger burn
12th Feb 2001, 02:54
I know its scheduled to start from Biggin Hill on 11/03 but does anyone know what the state of play is? I'm doing a CHC-SYD-SIN-LHR dash and hope to make it over to Biggin Hill in time for starter's orders!

Brace, Brace
15th Feb 2001, 14:31
I am taking part in the Race and helping to organise one of the entries, everything would seem to be going according to plan.

Communications from the organisers can be a little slow but entrants are expected to turn up from the 6th onwards with a full race brief on the 9th when all will be in attendace.

If you are taking part or have any questions then email me.

tiger burn
16th Feb 2001, 19:35
Thanks BB. Unfortunately not taking part, although I have tried to get a seat. Instead I'm spending a couple of weeks in NZ messing about in Tiger Moths over Cook Strait. I get back into UK 10/03 and have organised a small group of chums to give you lucky devils a send off! I've spoken with Biggin Hill and things still appear to be in the dark. I would have thought that something as prestigious as this demands a good PR shot.
I guess we'll turn up early on Sunday 11 and hang out. If you have further info please do let me know.

Grandad Flyer
17th Feb 2001, 23:54
When are the first arrivals due in Sydney?

Yogi-Bear
18th Feb 2001, 12:56
You wouldn't know it was happening would you? Only the fourth such event in history. Planned mass arrival over Sydney Harbour Bridge 8th April 2001. Details from organiser's website www.airrace.com.au (http://www.airrace.com.au)

------------------
Yaberdaberdoo. It's OK Boo-Boo.