PDA

View Full Version : Moving map software

ForkTailedDrKiller
8th Mar 2011, 07:09
I have used Fugawi as my moving map software for several years, but I recently decided to upgrade my maps. MapTrax no longer produces .bsb files and my Fugawi does not like the new formats.

The MapTrax guy recommended OziExplorer, so I bought that, but it is way more complex than I need.

Anyone suggest a simple moving map program that will run .ecw, .geo-tif, and/or.ozfx3 files?

Dr :8

flying-spike
8th Mar 2011, 08:39
As in "Where the Fugawi?:D"
Seriously, I have a mate in the business, I might be able to help. I will ask him tomorrow and get back to you.

ForkTailedDrKiller
9th Mar 2011, 04:06
Geez, I am underwhelmed at the number of responses!

Anyone?

rioncentu
9th Mar 2011, 04:14
Tried Fugawi some time ago and got sick of the windows blue screen of death in the cockpit so decided dedicated (Aviation) GPS receivers/displays were the way to go.

Enough trouble with computers in the office let alone in the sky.

No -can't help. But felt sorry for no-one talking to you!

Why are Maptrax not keeping up? They had some good products when I was using it.

ForkTailedDrKiller
9th Mar 2011, 05:13
Why are Maptrax not keeping up? They had some good products when I was using it.The problem is not with Maptrax, its with the Fugawi GPS moving-map software!

Tried Fugawi some time ago and got sick of the windows blue screen of death in the cockpit so decided dedicated (Aviation) GPS receivers/displays were the way to go.I find the WACs on a moving map on the tablet are very handy for the pax I often have with me. They know much of the country pretty well and often ask, "Where are we"? They are much happier when I pass them the tablet instead of my standard reply of, "F*cked if I know"!

denist
9th Mar 2011, 05:43
I use Ozi Ce and find really easy once you have set it up. It has a great screen designer where you can set up the screens exactly as you want them. Stick with it, you will be impressed.

Nivo
9th Mar 2011, 08:36
Doc,

Have you looked at AirNav VFR? Website at Sentient Software | AirNAV VFR best moving map and flight planner in Australia (http://www.sentientsoftware.com.au). It is available with all the Aus maps, and has a moving map option.

I use it to print the applicable WACs, VTCs etc as needed, but haven't bothered with the moving map bit.

cheers,

Nivo